Towel Animals

susieh

I asked our steward to NOT do towel animals, as we once had one that was not housebroken, and I didn't want to be responsible for any cleaning fees.

They've been known to hit the mini bar too!!!

Never had towel animals in our room on Celebrity ut there was a wonderful pair of swans in the T-Pool area on embarkation once.

What they always seem to do on Celebrity is arrange your nightwear which I, and others, find somewhat creepy!.

Sue

That is creepy for a few reasons

Why would your nightwear be left out?

Why would you have nightwear on a cruise? I guess you would have to if traveling with others than a spouse.

We were on the Solstice in April, AQ and there were no towel animals. Of all the cruise line that I been on Carnival is the only one that has done them

Our steward err...tried to make towel arrangements when we had an excursion booked through Celebrity.

Before Tulum, we had what I believe was supposed to be a Mayan headdress. Before Grand Cayman, we had a turtle head or a seal? To this date, we still don't know.

I finally got around to posting the photo. We thought the Mayan headdress was cute, although it was definitely not a classic towel animal.

P4120177.jpg

We have no idea what this was supposed to be. A seal? A turtle?

P4190168.jpg

We have no idea what this was supposed to be. A seal? A turtle?

P4190168.jpg

The "claw" from Liar Liar? The beaver from that new Mel Gibson flop? The face of a snake? Who knows. It's the effort that counts... right? :p

Last year back, we went on a RCCL cruise where they hung a towel monkey in the room. The bad thing about it was that they put my Fiances brand new $300 Armani sunglasses on it which fell to the ground and scratched one of the lenses bad. She always keeps them in a hard case when not in use so they took it out of the case. We had a big fight with housekeeping and with management about this. They proceeded to claim that the fall would not scratched the lens. Finally after 3 days, they gave us a shipboard credit of $300 (would of rather had the cash). We used it towards our onboard expenses and I had to have the lens replaced ($100). Just warning you all, if you have expensive sunglasses, hide them.

had some on our Equinox Dec sailing and they were pretty bad!! Now if only she had taken the time to take a dirty dish from our room that was there 2 days , I would have liked that much better. :mad:

Disney Cruise Line did a great job with the towel animals... Also included my daughter's Nautical Minnie Mouse with the towel animals. Always a treat to come in and see what might be there.

If you are in a suite and have a sleeper sofa, do they make that up for you each night?

Disney Cruise Line did a great job with the towel animals... Also included my daughter's Nautical Minnie Mouse with the towel animals. Always a treat to come in and see what might be there.

If you are in a suite and have a sleeper sofa, do they make that up for you each night?

Each night? On Celebrity, you leave your room for 15 min and your bed is already made when you return.

Each night? On Celebrity, you leave your room for 15 min and your bed is already made when you return.

:D I meant, will they pull it out and have it ready for my daughter each night? (I don't want it pulled out until we are ready to "turn in".)

Last year back, we went on a RCCL cruise where they hung a towel monkey in the room. The bad thing about it was that they put my Fiances brand new $300 Armani sunglasses on it which fell to the ground and scratched one of the lenses bad. She always keeps them in a hard case when not in use so they took it out of the case. We had a big fight with housekeeping and with management about this. They proceeded to claim that the fall would not scratched the lens. Finally after 3 days, they gave us a shipboard credit of $300 (would of rather had the cash). We used it towards our onboard expenses and I had to have the lens replaced ($100). Just warning you all, if you have expensive sunglasses, hide them.

I had a similar problem with HAL a few years ago with my sunglasses, but mine were not very expensive. They fell off the monkey which was hanging just inside the front door and hit the floor and when my partner opened the door he acidentally stepped right on them. HAL denied the steward had touched them. We recieved a bottle of wine. After this happened I asked the room attendant not to touch our belongs.

I had a similar problem with HAL a few years ago with my sunglasses, but mine were not very expensive. They fell off the monkey which was hanging just inside the front door and hit the floor and when my partner opened the door he acidentally stepped right on them. HAL denied the steward had touched them. We recieved a bottle of wine. After this happened I asked the room attendant not to touch our belongs.

Considering the cost, energy (water, power, soap, etc.) , plus labor to produce the towel animals, I would suggest that it isn't worth it. We've only had them on RCI, never on X, thankfully. I'm sure they're unexpected fun, especially for children, but frankly the costs outweigh the benefits, IMHO.

Our cabin stewards work hard enough, and a nice, fresh room at night puts a smile on my face, without the animals.

Considering the cost, energy (water, power, soap, etc.) , plus labor to produce the towel animals, I would suggest that it isn't worth it. We've only had them on RCI, never on X, thankfully. I'm sure they're unexpected fun, especially for children, but frankly the costs outweigh the benefits, IMHO.

Our cabin stewards work hard enough, and a nice, fresh room at night puts a smile on my face, without the animals.

A very old saying coming, but:

Different strokes for different folks.

There is plenty of waste without bringing in the towels; mostly from passengers. But, if you don't like the animals, tell the steward(ess) and you'll never see them again. I can almost promise you that.

Hi Sue!!!!

I agree with that creepy aspect of the evening turndown. That is why I hide my sleepwear....:eek:

We did have a set of swans in the whirlpool in Nov. We placed them on the rim of the tub, and they stayed there until we disembarked.

Sleep nakie, nothing to lay out:)

And, yes, on the Constellation we did recieve a few towel animals, not every night but frequently.

Sleep nakie, nothing to lay out:)

And, yes, on the Constellation we did recieve a few towel animals, not every night but frequently.

Couldn't do that in 2010, as I had 3 friends along with me.

This year, however, I may do that. Don't want to scare the butler though. They come in early in the morning; and are sooooooooo quiet!!!!! What a BIG show that would be....:eek:

None on my recent trip on Solstice in March ... BUT .... the waiter did do "Napkin Animals" after the main part of dinner was over. Not any of the waiters around did them for their guests so we were the envy of several tables being entertained as we were. Mardika .. you rocked!!

Archived