Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South-FLL

PROCRUISE

I have posted previously about the theft we experienced at this hotel last March. To my amazement, I today received an E-mail from a gentleman whose family just experienced a significant thief at this same hotel this past weekend. Luckily, this gentleman is in the hospitality business and knows some of the high level management and is determined to find out who stole their property. I left him know that when we filed a police report with The Hollywood, Florida Police Dept we were assured that they are very much aware of the theft problem at this location. When I contacted Comfort Inn Corporate Headquarters, I was assured that we should not have been treated by management the way we were and that they were immediately sending us coupons for future stays in FLL. No coupons have ever arrived, just another example of how Comfort Inn treats their customers-this was our third stay at this hotel,and last. Beware, beware of staying here, you are inviting thief.:(

I have posted previously about the theft we experienced at this hotel last March. To my amazement, I today received an E-mail from a gentleman whose family just experienced a significant thief at this same hotel this past weekend. Luckily, this gentleman is in the hospitality business and knows some of the high level management and is determined to find out who stole their property. I left him know that when we filed a police report with The Hollywood, Florida Police Dept we were assured that they are very much aware of the theft problem at this location. When I contacted Comfort Inn Corporate Headquarters, I was assured that we should not have been treated by management the way we were and that they were immediately sending us coupons for future stays in FLL. No coupons have ever arrived, just another example of how Comfort Inn treats their customers-this was our third stay at this hotel,and last. Beware, beware of staying here, you are inviting thief.:(

I always stay there with large groups; thanks for posting.

Can you give me a little more detail... theft from suitcases? or where.

Sincere thanks.

Is this the one on Stirling Rd.?

I believe so; I've used them for four crusies; about 50 - 70 rooms each time and never had a problem. Anxious to hear more details and where the theft took place and if just one item was taken from a room.

Do think this could occur at any hotel; one must take precautions but I do agree; very poor on Comfort Inn part not to follow up with coupons.

I believe so; I've used them for four crusies; about 50 - 70 rooms each time and never had a problem. Anxious to hear more details and where the theft took place and if just one item was taken from a room.

Do think this could occur at any hotel; one must take precautions but I do agree; very poor on Comfort Inn part not to follow up with coupons.

We just stayed there(on Stirling Rd.) in March and have nothing but great things to say about the facility. I had read numerous "reviews" and "opinions" on why not to stay there but found them all to be false. Alot of the problem is, people book there and expect Hilton-type treatment for Comfort Inn price. The location was awesome, being next to the shopping mall, restaurants, etc.

I would like to hear more about the OP's experience too and exactly what happpened.

We just stayed there(on Stirling Rd.) in March and have nothing but great things to say about the facility. I had read numerous "reviews" and "opinions" on why not to stay there but found them all to be false. Alot of the problem is, people book there and expect Hilton-type treatment for Comfort Inn price. The location was awesome, being next to the shopping mall, restaurants, etc.

I would like to hear more about the OP's experience too and exactly what happpened.

I agree with you; do hope Pro Cruise posts again; maybe then our opinion will change and we won't use them again..

Wonder if the outside doors are part of the problem. Any hotel where the room door opens outside instead of an interior corridor are susceptible to higher incidents of breakin. We stayed here in 1999, and it was fine then. I've also read the reviews as time has gone on where it seemed to fall behind, especially with all the newer hotels being built around it. I've been told by someone who is in the hotel business and is staying there in December that there is supposed to be a renovation here this year. Obviously that doesn't do anything for possible breakins though.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with you; do hope Pro Cruise posts again; maybe then our opinion will change and we won't use them again..

First, I'm not complaining, as a poster suggested, because I expected The Hilton at a Comfort Inn price. As mentioned, this was our third stay here prior to cruises, and we found the facility to be very adequate. This last time, in March, upon arriving, we simply left our luggage in our room because we were hungry and wanted to go over to the diner in the shopping mall, to eat. Upon arriving back in our room, my friend went to get his diabetes pill from his carry on bag and immediately noted that his watch and three rings, that he had placed in the bottom of the bag were gone. Okay, theft can occur anywhere, so we contacted the police, who informed us they "know about thefts here" and felt that we should at least let the management know what happened. We were pleasant, didn't make a scene, didn't ask for ANYTHING and made no accusations, just gave her the information. LeAnn Paul, manager, immediately let us know that "people make up stories all the time about thefts here and we are not responsible!" We were simply dumbfounded. Yes my friends insurance company did give a payout, but it won't replace the ring that his mother gave him when he safely from VietNam.

In April, I received an E-mail from a gentleman who read my write up on TripAdvisor and whose wife had just had a VERY significant theft of jewelry while staying here for a college graduation. He was very upset and noted that the safe in their room didn't even work so they couldn't have used it. If you read TripAdvisor, you'll find some real horror stories about this place as well as others who think it's great. I'm just advising you to beware. This coming January, needless to say, we'll be staying elsewhere. Oh and the coupons that Comfort Inn Corp promised, in April, in compensation for the way the manager spoke to us, never arrived yet! That's okay too.

First, I'm not complaining, as a poster suggested, because I expected The Hilton at a Comfort Inn price. As mentioned, this was our third stay here prior to cruises, and we found the facility to be very adequate. This last time, in March, upon arriving, we simply left our luggage in our room because we were hungry and wanted to go over to the diner in the shopping mall, to eat. Upon arriving back in our room, my friend went to get his diabetes pill from his carry on bag and immediately noted that his watch and three rings, that he had placed in the bottom of the bag were gone. Okay, theft can occur anywhere, so we contacted the police, who informed us they "know about thefts here" and felt that we should at least let the management know what happened. We were pleasant, didn't make a scene, didn't ask for ANYTHING and made no accusations, just gave her the information. LeAnn Paul, manager, immediately let us know that "people make up stories all the time about thefts here and we are not responsible!" We were simply dumbfounded. Yes my friends insurance company did give a payout, but it won't replace the ring that his mother gave him when he safely from VietNam.

In April, I received an E-mail from a gentleman who read my write up on TripAdvisor and whose wife had just had a VERY significant theft of jewelry while staying here for a college graduation. He was very upset and noted that the safe in their room didn't even work so they couldn't have used it. If you read TripAdvisor, you'll find some real horror stories about this place as well as others who think it's great. I'm just advising you to beware. This coming January, needless to say, we'll be staying elsewhere. Oh and the coupons that Comfort Inn Corp promised, in April, in compensation for the way the manager spoke to us, never arrived yet! That's okay too.

Terrible handling of situation; interesting that police have been called before; definitely makes you more aware of what can happen anywhere.

Verry poor how Comfort Inn never sent any coupons.

Again, thanks for the info. I think next time, I will look around harder for nicer place and ones with better reviews.

Archived