Boarding Carnival Sensation -- Zones?

Someone mentioned 'zones' in another post. I'll be going on the Sensation on 6/23. Does anyone know how the boarding process works for Carnival....... do we have to wait until our specific area of the ship is boarded, or is boarding done on a 'first come/first board' basis?

First come -first served into loading zones.

VIP, platinum, weddings and Handicapped are first.

Zones then happen for every 50 people. (maybe its lower)

ZOnes are given out until the ship is ready to board then the numbers start being called.

Arriving at the pier about 10:30 will get you zone one.

we was arrive around 10:30-11AM, and the only time I've gotten a zone card was in Tampa.... we got a zone '9' card, and it was literally no more than 15 minutes from the time they boarded VIP and called our zone number.

I'm going to throw this question on, since it is about the same subject:

I'm sailing on Sensation in September and I'll be traveling with a group - we don't plan to get there until about 1:30pm - 2:00pm (boat departs at 4:30pm) . Other than missing out on some on-the-boat time, do you think there would be any problem with this? Will the loading zones still be moving steadily?

I've never arrived that late, but I would assume that the zone cards are more for the morning rush of folks who want to maximize their on board time.. you should be pretty much good to go with no problems by that hour.

I'm going to throw this question on, since it is about the same subject:

I'm sailing on Sensation in September and I'll be traveling with a group - we don't plan to get there until about 1:30pm - 2:00pm (boat departs at 4:30pm) . Other than missing out on some on-the-boat time, do you think there would be any problem with this? Will the loading zones still be moving steadily?

there will be no zones at that time-- you board when you check in.

Most people arrive between 1:30-2pm because that is when the documents tell them to arrive.

You will be hitting massive lines. (consider arriving after 2:30 )

We were on the Sensation last December. We arrived early and had number 12. It took less than 20 minutes from the time we walked in until we were on the ship. They call a number. The passengers then line up for the boarding photos then proceed to the ship. Another number is called. If you arrive after 1:30 your cabin should be ready for you so you would not need to go to the Lido deck right away.

Archived