Lunches on the Millennium???

DeRon

If you go to the dining room for lunch, is the food much better? And, do you have to sit with other people (open seating)? I never like it when they sit us by people that we will only see once on the cruise. Will they seat you alone if you request it?

Hi DeRon, looks like you are on our 4/10 Millie cruise. Have you signed up for the Connectins party yet? There is a threa on Roll Calls-Celebrity for thsi cruise. You can find it by doing a search, Millennium 4/10/05 started by me,grannynanny. Why not come over and meet everyone? So far, there are 39 of us signed up for the party.

Nancy

If you go to the dining room for lunch, is the food much better? And, do you have to sit with other people (open seating)? I never like it when they sit us by people that we will only see once on the cruise. Will they seat you alone if you request it?
Another lunch option is the Spa Grill. They serve some very interesting food back there, and it's not often very busy at all (many 1st timers never find it). Be sure to have a look at it during your trip.

I ate lunch in the dining room many times last week and always had interesting tablemates. I would have hated to have missed meeting any of them! Oh well, different strokes.

I did see one table for two in use by the escalator in the galley. There was a couple who sat there every day with the USA News from GR that they ripped in half and each read. Looked like LOADS of fun!

I ate lunch in the dining room many times last week and always had interesting tablemates. I would have hated to have missed meeting any of them! Oh well, different strokes.

I did see one table for two in use by the escalator in the galley. There was a couple who sat there every day with the USA News from GR that they ripped in half and each read. Looked like LOADS of fun!

Well not everyone's idea of LOADS of fun is sitting at meals with other people 3 times a day. I can relate to the people with the newspaper....sometimes it's nice just to have some time to yourself. I enjoy the conversation and company of a large table at evening meals, but can take it or leave it at breakfast and lunch. So DeRon, I would definitely ask for a table for 2 at lunch - we've done it many times and really enjoyed it, although not yet with newspapers. :)

So when they are walking you to a table for 10, just state you'd like this table & point at the table for 2 or 4 & take it.

Or if you are Concierge Class, eat on the balcony with the dining room menu just like dinner.

Well not everyone's idea of LOADS of fun is sitting at meals with other people 3 times a day. I can relate to the people with the newspaper....sometimes it's nice just to have some time to yourself. I enjoy the conversation and company of a large table at evening meals, but can take it or leave it at breakfast and lunch. So DeRon, I would definitely ask for a table for 2 at lunch - we've done it many times and really enjoyed it, although not yet with newspapers. :)

Yup - and I'll add that one of the nicest little hours I've spent was during the Formal Tea in the main dining room - my husband was off playing volleyball. I took myself to formal tea, with a really good book - asked for a table alone. Savored my pot of tea and all the accompanying tidbits, while reading - with the strings playing in the background. For some of us, just relaxing like that is what makes it a vacation...

There was a couple who sat there every day with the USA News from GR that they ripped in half and each read. Looked like LOADS of fun!

Tuggers, your insinuation is that people who do not want to sit with others are somewhat boring. Personally, I feel the opposite. I love people, but because I am with so many people everyday of my working life, my wife and I like to slip away on cruises and spend time together. We've done both, and we have noticed how you always have to spend a lot of time covering small talk stuff when sitting with strangers. "I am in real estate. Ya, we have four kids, bla blah blah".

Susan, I appreciate your post. I know everyone on here goes on cruises for different reasons. It just seems that people who want to be alone always catch some flack of being boring or anti-social. Nothing further is from the truth with me and my wife. (At least the anti-social part! Ha!)

That little romantic table nestled by the escalator is sounding really good to me right now! (Less the paper) :)

Hi DeRon !

Personally, I like the lunch in the Dining Room much better than the buffet. For such a great Cruise Line as Celebrity, I do feel that much of their buffet food leaves much to be desired.

As for being seated by yourself in the Dining Room.... it is true that they try to use the larger tables, as they have much less staff there for lunch (as many of the Dining Room staff is used at the buffet as well).

With that said, it is typically not a problem to get a table by yourselves. All you have to do, is ask for it. In most cases, they will do everything possible to make you happy !

Enjoy your Cruise !

We enjoy lunch in the dining room because the food is better, the portions are controlled (my DH would eat way too much at the buffet), and we like to relax and be waited on.

The only times we've asked to be seated by ourselves, we were. Sometimes we are in a hurry. If we order just a couple of courses, we can still enjoy lunch but do it a lot quicker. The meal seems to drag on if you're seated with other people ordering a lot more courses than you are.

Archived