When do P&O give you copies of the menus?

Jo and Rob

We did a 7 night cruise on Oceana to France and Spain and received no menus. However, my parents got on as we got off and did a 14 night cruise to Italy (on Oceana). At the end of their cruise they were given a copy of the dining room menu for each night. Is that normal practice?

You don't usually get the menus given to you on a 7n cruise, unless you ask. There is no reason why you can't have them if you ask, as after all they will only be thrown away, as they are dated.

They are given out on 13/14n+ cruises on the last but one night, as it gives the waiters a chance to sign their names in them so you have their names for your tip envelope on the very last night - clever eh?:D

Hopefully, before they ask you to order.......

Seriously, we've usually been given copies of the menus on the last night but one. So from last year's 14 night cruise, we have 13 menus - we don't have the last night's. (Might have been different on the 4-night cruise on Oriana, though - I'm sure we got all four menus from that one.)

You don't usually get the menus given to you on a 7n cruise, unless you ask. There is no reason why you can't have them if you ask, as after all they will only be thrown away, as they are dated.

They are given out on 13/14n+ cruises on the last but one night, as it gives the waiters a chance to sign their names in them so you have their names for your tip envelope on the very last night - clever eh?:D

Sorry Sue but on all our 7 night cruises including the one 3 weeks ago we got the menus on the last but one night. Thats 5 cruises over 8 years.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

We did a 7 night cruise on Oceana to France and Spain and received no menus. However, my parents got on as we got off and did a 14 night cruise to Italy (on Oceana). At the end of their cruise they were given a copy of the dining room menu for each night. Is that normal practice?

They were available on a table by the tips box near the exit to the Ligurian on the penultimate night. We just didn't pick one up as menus haven't really changed from last year so we already had copies.

I didn't realise they were so coveted. I only went to the Meridian three times in the two weeks as I didn't think the food was great. I got the menus on the last night, but noticed they too weren't as nice as they used to be - they used to feature a 'photo of the ship. More cost cutting on P&O's part!:rolleyes:

We have had menus on a seven night cruise.. but not for a weekender.. you get them on the night before last the waiters sign them .. handy so you remember their names for the tips envelopes !! and you get them in time to pack them the next day...

Pack them!!!

Used to, but now all we keep is the cruise log.

Who will be interested in them after your days??

Just more dross to pay the house clearers for, IMO.

I keep a journal of every cruise and suppose that even those will be thrown out, eventually, either by us or by the offspring.

oh merlin7 I know exactly what you are saying,we have just cleared our loft after 27years,for insulation to be put up there. It is amazing what ends up there (an old kettle!!!!) anyway I have kept the menus from our 2 pando cruises so far...it's the fridge magnets that are taking over now, on the fridge freezer!!!

Are the current menus posted anywhere?

Are P & O similar to RCCL in that their menus are fleetwide and are usually the same ie Day 1 menu is the same on majority of ships. My husband is a vegetarian and it is to help us choose alternative dining if he does not fancy the choice on the menu. We are going on 12 night Oceana cruise.

Loved you videos,reviews on Oceana- Thank you Jo it is very much appreciated.

Are P & O similar to RCCL in that their menus are fleetwide and are usually the same ie Day 1 menu is the same on majority of ships. My husband is a vegetarian and it is to help us choose alternative dining if he does not fancy the choice on the menu. We are going on 12 night Oceana cruise.

No each ship comes up with its own menus. Remember p&o cruises are of various lengths. From 2 to 110 nights.

Gan canny

Dai

No each ship comes up with its own menus. Remember p&o cruises are of various lengths. From 2 to 110 nights.

Gan canny

Dai

We've been on 3 P&O ships in the last year and the menus were 99% the same on all. On the 7 nighter the menus were just a selection of 7 of those that had featured on longer cruises. They all have the same menu on the first night, including the weekend cuises

We've been on 3 P&O ships in the last year and the menus were 99% the same on all. On the 7 nighter the menus were just a selection of 7 of those that had featured on longer cruises. They all have the same menu on the first night, including the weekend cuises

True, but they do not have a day one menu and a day two menu....... That is what the poster asked about.

Gan canny

Dai

No each ship comes up with its own menus.

Dai

Wrong. P&O has had fleet-wide menus since at least 2008.

True, but they do not have a day one menu and a day two menu....... That is what the poster asked about.

Dai

That is not what the OP asked. The question was whether is is normal practice to issue menus on 14 night cruises, but not on 7 night.

T

Hi JM-1972

P&O have a separate vegetarian menu but you will have to ask the Head Waiter for it. He will also bring round the following day's menus as well for your husband to look at.

The following link shows some typical menus:

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/example_menu

Debbie:)

Hi JM-1972

P&O have a separate vegetarian menu but you will have to ask the Head Waiter for it. He will also bring round the following day's menus as well for your husband to look at.

The following link shows some typical menus:

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/example_menu

Thanks to everyone for all the info, I will ask my friend who is on Oceana in July to see if she can get a copy of the vegetarian menu, did not mean to cause trouble!

Thanks to everyone for all the info, I will ask my friend who is on Oceana in July to see if she can get a copy of the vegetarian menu, did not mean to cause trouble!

You haven't caused any trouble at all! I'm on Azura in just over a week's time and I'll try to get a copy of the veggie menu, or at least a photo of it.

You haven't caused any trouble at all! I'm on Azura in just over a week's time and I'll try to get a copy of the veggie menu, or at least a photo of it.

Thanks Debbie, very much appreciated!

Archived