Price drop - no use - Voyager 28th

Hi everybody,

prices for the Voager otS Adriatic Cruise on 28th May dropped today.

Unfortunately, the price drop is of no use to me, as we paid 499 Euro p.p. for our inside stateroom and a balcony now costs exactly the same.

My TA told me, that the balcony had to be at least 1 euro more expensive for me to be able to switch staterooms.

Well, pitty, so we stay in our Inside.

Maybe one of you is more lucky.

I recently tried to swich the cabin. I am booked in JS on VoS and for a little bit higher price (around EURO 150) I had possibility to book GS. I made a hold through RCCL web, but when I cocntaced RCCL, I was told that if I want to switch the cabin I will loose EUR 800 deposit, brcause it is to close to sale date (45 days). So some lucky people can have now GS for almost the same price I paid for JS....... I do not understand it. I wanted to pay extra money but they do not want them. And there is a lot of GS's free......

Sounds like the rules for upgrading or changing cabins is greatly different across the pond than they are here in the US..that's a shame you are not able to upgrade without losing your deposit...kind of makes you wonder what RCL is thinking sometimes...

Rules across the pond are different than in the US.....but it does appear that Royal is making it tougher to upgrade....many price drops now are either promos or "new bookings only" not allowing you to upgrade....I guess they don't just want people playing musical cabins.....I guess from a business standpoint it's much easier for them to sell higher category cabins at a lower price to fill the ship. It may work in their favor short term but I do believe that more and more folks are going to start to wait till after final to book....something is going to give at some point as it's now becoming a game of chicken:rolleyes:

Archived