Ketchikan City Bus operating on Memorial Day?

hubble

We were planning on taking the bus to Totem Bight on Monday, but just realized it is a holiday. Does anyone know if the bus will be running ? I assume Totem Bight will be open as Princess has ship tours scheduled that day, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I just contacted them and yes, they will be running on Memorial, but it is considered a 'reduced' schedule. It's the same schedule as on Sundays.

Also, the question has come up prior whether they can accept dollar bills and the answer is yes. BUT - you need exact change. So....if the fare is $1, you need a one dollar bill or change. If you give them a $5, they cannot make change. I hope that helps.

Also, the new schedule is at the printers and should be posted by this weekend (or Monday!) which will list the Sunday departure times.

:-)

I just contacted them and yes, they will be running on Memorial, but it is considered a 'reduced' schedule. It's the same schedule as on Sundays.

Also, the question has come up prior whether they can accept dollar bills and the answer is yes. BUT - you need exact change. So....if the fare is $1, you need a one dollar bill or change. If you give them a $5, they cannot make change. I hope that helps.

Also, the new schedule is at the printers and should be posted by this weekend (or Monday!) which will list the Sunday departure times.

:-)

Thank you for contacting them, as I hadn't got around to it yet. Great information, and I'm looking forward to checking out their Sunday Blue line schedule once it is posted. I'm happy we'll be able to make it out to Totem Bight after all. I've been before, but the person I'm traveling with has not. It is a great place in a very lovely scenic setting.

On the "schedule" tab of the above web site, it says that the Blue line does not run on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Has this changed? Otherwise, you won't be able to take the bus to Totem Bight on Memorial Day.

They started weekend service this month. They have not updated their schedules yet, but it does appear on the website if you look at at some of the comments. Apparently the weekend end schedule is the same as the week day schedule, but it stops running one hour earlier.

Archived