Tell me anything about Monarch or Majesty

A few of us are planning a quick getaway on one of these ships. I can't find any recent pictures:confused: We are getting a Grand suite, any advice aft or mid? When where they last refurbished, or dry docked? any pics here too? Also do they offer my time as well? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue:)

A few of us are planning a quick getaway on one of these ships. I can't find any recent pictures:confused: We are getting a Grand suite' date=' any advice aft or mid? When where they last refurbished, or dry docked? any pics here too? Also do they offer my time as well? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue:)[/quote']

There are no Grand Suites aft or mid. They are all forward. The Monarch is currently in dry dock for minor updates. MTD is offered.

just my opinion,but we always get a reg. oceanview cabin on 3 day cruises....the reason...we are never in the room...

On our short cruises, we stay busy making the most of our time...

Again, just my opinion..you may be a cabin- dweller,lol

I was on Majesty last month and I am going back on Majesty next week,.

The ship is older, but I found it well maintained. There were just not all the bells and whistles like on a mega ship, like no water slide and very little shopping onboard.

The bedding was fine, clean, not stained.

For a 3 day I would save the $$$ for a suite and just get an inside or OV. You won't have any sea days to enjoy the cabin anyway.

Also when you arrive in Nassau it is noon, so you will be awake to see the ship come into port and will be up on the lido by then anyway, and at cococay you tender, so you don't miss not having the window in the morning.

Use that $$$ toward shore excursions or better yet your next cruise. That way you can sail her 2x inside cabin back to back in 2 months like me for the price less than 1 ov cabin :D.

There's 4 of us, and 2 really want a balcony, we are splitting it 4 ways so cost won't be that bad but I wouldn't mind the extra few hundred in my pocket and the extra bathroom:D. We'll see. Not sure if we will sail Majesty or Monarch, I just want a nice getaway without the hubby and kids and have some fun with my friends. Not being snobby but do like nice bedding;). Anyone have any pic's?

A few of us are planning a quick getaway on one of these ships. I can't find any recent pictures:confused: We are getting a Grand suite' date=' any advice aft or mid? When where they last refurbished, or dry docked? any pics here too? Also do they offer my time as well? Any info would be appreciated.

[/quote']

My preference is Majesty for one reason - Compass Deli. Great food and never crowded.

I can't find any recent pictures:confused:

Just click on either of the two pictures below. They are links to my albums from 2 Majesty cruises last summer.

August' date=' 2010:

2816512950080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

June, 2010:

2863220070080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

There's 4 of us' date=' and 2 really want a balcony, we are splitting it 4 ways so cost won't be that bad but I wouldn't mind the extra few hundred in my pocket and the extra bathroom:D. We'll see. Not sure if we will sail Majesty or Monarch, I just want a nice getaway without the hubby and kids and have some fun with my friends. Not being snobby but do like nice bedding;). Anyone have any pic's?[/quote']

Al the pictures you will need on the Monarch and CoCo Cay http://travel.webshots.com/album/572767159LyYONj

I am Adding more pictures of the ship most were of CoCo Cay

I don't think the crew on Monarch can be outdone!!!! For 4 girl getaway go for the GS - you will really enjoy it . Have never been on the Majesty but Monarch is one of my favorites. Both ships are older but the crew makes up for it on MN. Good luck and happy sailing.:D

Click the link on my signature and follow my videos, Key West, Nassau, Coco Cay. Hope you enjoy the Majesty as much as we did. We are heading out on her sister (Monarch) in a couple of weeks and will post about her as well. Outside oceanview was great and the ship was well maintained. The crew is great.

Thanks Offroad, I have been on Monarch twice and loved it. None of the glitz of the newer ships but great for short 3-4 day cruises and cannot beat the price. We usually book them when they run about 50.00/pp per day and have a blast. I mean, it is hard to stay home at those prices! Thanks again and enjoy Monarch.

I've not been on Majesty, but I have to agree the CREW on MONARCH cannot be beat. They are above and beyond the best.

Had a great time. Did back to back, so we were on for 7 days. Loved every minute of it. (It was also a "girls get-a-away".....) We had OV on some upper deck. First sailing for me without a balcony, it was

Have fun !!!! I know you will.

I've not been on Majesty, but I have to agree the CREW on MONARCH cannot be beat. They are above and beyond the best.

Had a great time. Did back to back, so we were on for 7 days. Loved every minute of it. (It was also a "girls get-a-away".....) We had OV on some upper deck. First sailing for me without a balcony, it was

Have fun !!!! I know you will.

Hi Pat and Roy! We have missed you two!!

I have to agree with the other posters, as we have travelled on both the Monarch and Majesty, and both crews are incredible!!:)

Rick

Aquahound, Hotrod1954, and Offroad--thanks for the pics and video. The pics are exactly what I needed. Majesty is a beautiful ship. Offroad, I will be looking for your pictures of the Monarch in about 3 weeks:D. Hope I can find your post. Thanks for all the positive comments on the smaller ships, I am used to the big mammas;) so I am looking forward to a new experience on a smaller ship.

Sue

Archived