Sitka - National Historical Park - Raptor Center

Sigtau21

I have been looking at maps for sitka and trying to plan my day. Is this scenerio possible?

Based on the maps I would like to Walk from pier to The Natural Historical Park through there paths, then using the national park path over to the Raptor Center. From their back to the pier. I think it would b no more than a 5 mile walk round trip. Does this seem accurate? Can I get to the Raptor center from the Natural Historical Park or would I have to go back towards city then towards the raptor center? Anyone have knowledge on this?

Yes, very walkable and not 5 miles. :) At the Sitka National Park, consider the 1 mile loop trail past the Totems, purchase their cheap guide book for descriptions- will really enhance your walk. From there, just walk up the hill to the Raptor Center. Makes for a wonderful "Sitka" day. :)

I have been looking at maps for sitka and trying to plan my day. Is this scenerio possible?

Based on the maps I would like to Walk from pier to The Natural Historical Park through there paths, then using the national park path over to the Raptor Center. From their back to the pier. I think it would b no more than a 5 mile walk round trip. Does this seem accurate? Can I get to the Raptor center from the Natural Historical Park or would I have to go back towards city then towards the raptor center? Anyone have knowledge on this?

Hi!

We took a vatiant of this as a ship's tour. We took a shuttle to the Raptor Center, then a walk down and through the National Park, and finally a walk back through town that concluded on the waterfront. On our own we saw the Russian Orthodox Cathedral and then had a light snack and did some shopping before returning to the ship. As Budget Queen said, it could be easily done on your own. It made a nice day ashore in Sitka.

Archived