cheapest port for air from Newark,NJ

MEGADAN

We are planning our first European cruise for 2012. Since it is all new to us we are not partial to any one itinerary.

I like the RCCL cruises out of Italy and Spain but the airfare is going to ultimately be a deciding factor.

What ports would you suggest for the best deals on flights from Newark,NJ?

This cruise is July 2012.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think anyone can figure this out for you but yourself.

I would look at different cruises and the specific dates and start pricing them out on the interenet.

No one can say flying to or from one port of call from Newark is going to be the cheapest over another port.

I realize that you can't price them out yet as July 2012 is not in the systems but as soon as it is I would start pricing them.

Keith

We are planning our first European cruise for 2012. Since it is all new to us we are not partial to any one itinerary.

I like the RCCL cruises out of Italy and Spain but the airfare is going to ultimately be a deciding factor.

What ports would you suggest for the best deals on flights from Newark,NJ?

This cruise is July 2012.

Thanks in advance.

1. Think of flying out of JFK instead of Newark. MANY, many more options for flights to Europe which will save you a lot of money. Look to the foreign airlines-there are many that fly into/out of JFK that often have some pretty special deals. LOT (Polish airline) has been running a RT from JFK to almost any place in Europe for under $800. The catch-there is a 21-27 hour layover in Warsaw Poland. So if you have the time and desire to see any of Poland, the LOT flight is truly a good deal.

Aer Lingus, the Irish airline that offers true one way tickets and is a discount airline, flies out of JFK to most of Europe (stopover in Dublin-small, VERY easy airport to negotiate). Air Berlin and IcelandAir also fly out of JFK. They generally offer pretty decent prices-particularly Air Berlin. If you ever wanted to see the Blue Lagoon in Iceland, there are IcelandAir flights that allow you to do just this at no extra cost. Arrive in the morning, go to the Blue Lagoon, then continue on either to the US or your European destination late afternoon/early evening. There are regularly scheduled tours for these "airport runs". http://www.bluelagoon.com/

2. Italy/Greece are the two most expensive places in Europe to fly into. AA flies nonstop out of JFK to Barcelona.

3. Think of going in the "shoulder" seasons-before May 15 and after Sept 15. Less crowded and the real bonus is airfare rises considerably after May 15 for the summer tourist season.

Enjoy!!!

Some of the foreign airlines, including LOT, also fly out of EWR.

Almost every search engine gives you the option to search all NYC airports, including EWR, JFK and LGA.

Greatam makes a good point. You should also be checking the cost of flights out of JFK.

I'm not sure how you're planning on getting to EWR. Drive? The cost to park at JFK is similar to the cost to park at EWR. I understand you might be able to get a friend to drop you off at EWR and not at JFK. You might need to save a few hundred dollars to offset the cost of transfers.

Archived