Clothes Hangers

We will be sailing on June 12th Allure D1 cabin and am wondering if there is ample clothes hangers or should we bring more?

Also I have read a lot about the Downy wrinkle release so bought some to try at home prior to the cruise and have not been real impressed. It will not get out really bad wrinkles. Anyone have any other suggestions short of sending out to be pressed by the ships laundry?

On Oasis we found there to be ample hangers for the 4 of us; remaining clothing can be folded and placed on the sheves within the closet. Storage was no problem for us.

A note here: on disembarkation day, there were wire hangers lining the hallways which people had brought from home. The cabin stewards remove the hangers and do not leave them for the next guest. My guess is that they are thrown in the trash. PLEASE, I beg of you, if you bring your own hangers please take them home again. It's not fair to leave them behind to be thrown away. If you brought them with you, please take them back home again. If you have no use for wire hangers, consider recycling them in your own home town; shelters, thrift shops, Goodwill, etc. can all use hangers.

On Oasis we had plenty of hangers, we actually had to take some out of the closet. So need to worry about hangers.

We brought a small travel steamer, worked ok, not great but that with the wrinkle release seemed to make the clothes look a little better. Also hanging the garments in the bathroom while you shower helps a lot too.

I would never dream of leaving the hangers behind for the cruise line to dispose of. I just do not understand why others would do so. Guess people have to make room for everything they purchased but that still doesn't make it right.

Have traveled abroad and Hawaii and the trick is the way you pack. There are many sites that give helpful hints. I always use the plastic covers that come from the drycleaners and also tissue paper. Some swear by rolling their clother I don't. I have had great luck with wrinkle release just remember to run your hands over the wrinkles to smooth out and give a tug. It works for me.:)

Archived