Port of Baltimore

R**T

While driving through Baltimore yesterday afternoon I saw a Carnival ship in port. How I wish Princess would base a ship in Baltimore at least part of the year. Anyone else?

Absolutely yes! Royal is running the Enchantment year-round from Baltimore now and apparently is filling those cruises up, there are so many scheduled.

Princess, are you listening? Please come to Baltimore. It's a lovely port and you have a huge fan base within easy driving distance.

We live in Northern Virginia and it would be wonderful not to have to fly to take a cruise. I'm sure we would cruise more often if Princess or HAL sailed out of Baltimore. it would be a great port for transatlantics.

We sailed the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore last September and it was great. From where I live in NJ it took 2 hours door to door. Had we cruised out of New York City (not Brooklyn, but from Manhattan), with NYC traffic it would have taken almost as long to get to the port.

Driving to Baltimore was a breeze, and if Princess sailed from there we'd book in a heartbeat.

Baltimore is a GREAT PORT, and best of all... there are many hotels offering "cruise packages". They offer overnight accomodations, provide transportation to and from the Pier and keep your car, all for the regular price of an overnight room. They sure don't offer that at the Brooklyn Red Hook Pier.

We sailed out of Baltimore on Pride this past February you can see my review of both the port of Baltimore and of Pride on my blog (here).

The only problem I noted with Pride is, they try to provide a great cruise in just 7 days. Having sailed on Caribbean Princess out of New York on a 9 day cruise, I believe any cruise out of a 'Northern" port, especially in the winter, needs to be longer than 7 days to allow the guests to get some time in the warmer weather.

Anyway... Any ship from any cruise line that embarkes from Baltimore will be getting future consideration from us. It has to be a SPECIAL cruise for us to consider travelling by air. Hawaii next winter is one such cruise, but then back to east coast cruises to the Caribbean.

DSC05834.jpg

While driving through Baltimore yesterday afternoon I saw a Carnival ship in port. How I wish Princess would base a ship in Baltimore at least part of the year. Anyone else?

Since they canceled Brooklyn next year I would accept Baltimore.

There are a couple things to know about Baltimore. First, look at the Enchantment's pricing. It's not that high, so yes they are filling it but not at max revenue. Second, the port capacity is very limited, I don't think they can take 2 ships at a time (at least not from what I noticed when I picked my in-laws up there).

It's not necessarily a bad idea, but not sure if it would be cost effective for Princess to set up an infrastructure there for the limited volume they would be able to acquire.

Personally I'd love to see some ships come back to Philly, but the river based size limits will probably keep that from ever happening.

Archived