Barcelona Embarkation Question

TERRIER1

A question for those who have previously embarked in Barceolona. We are sailing out of Barcelona on the Marina. Our previous O cruises began in Civitavecchia where we allowed to board the ship as early as noon and have lunch. We were not given access to the cabin until later but we were allowed to get drop off the luggage. Does any one know the protocol for Barcelona? Thanks.

Usually it does but it can also depend on how many people are showing up at the same time.

We had an earlier boarding time in Barcelona than you have, but even so we have met people with a later official boarding time who were having lunch with us in the Terrace Cafe.

More specifically: we were having lunch with a couple who'd boarded when we did, but they were concerned about their friends who'd been right in back of them and seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth.

It turned out that TPTB had decided that no more people could board until the Cafe was less crowded (which in effect meant not until the suite passengers' cabins were ready, which I believe was around 1-2). The cut-off point happened just between these two couples.

So perhaps it's a wing and a prayer.

But I personally would be surprised if you couldn't board before 3. Maybe not 11am, but probably before 3pm.

Another factor to consider is your scheduled departure time. Everyone MUST be on board two hours in advance. If you're due to leave at 5, you definitely can board before 3!

Thanks. We are due to sail at 8 pm. I just want to dump the luggage and take off down the beach.

Porters will be on hand at the wharf starting at about an hour before the earliest embarkation is scheduled (in your case, from 10AM onward).

As long as you have your Oceania issued luggage tags on the bags, you will be able to drop them off.

Security may have a concern about your leaving the dock area after checking luggage, so you should carry your invoices and identification with you, during this process, and Be CERTAIN that you are back onboard by 6PM at the very latest!

Thanks. We are due to sail at 8 pm. I just want to dump the luggage and take off down the beach.

When we were there we a couple of years ago we checked in early, around 11-12, although we had a 3 pm check in time. Went back and did some more exploring around Barcelona. I don't think there's much beach around there though. I think you might have to travel a ways before you get to a beach. There is a lot to see and do in a walkable distance in the Barcelona area though.

Archived