I finally booked my aft corner balcony!!!

I am so excited. I finally booked cabin 7408 on the Freedom of the Seas for June of next year! We were supposed to take this trip June of this year, but things just didn't work out. But now I have the cabin I wanted and the ship I wanted. So excited!!! :D

I am so excited. I finally booked cabin 7408 on the Freedom of the Seas for June of next year! We were supposed to take this trip June of this year, but things just didn't work out. But now I have the cabin I wanted and the ship I wanted. So excited!!! :D

DH and I will be sleeping there in Sept so we will try to leave the cabin in good shape for you to have in June. We share your excitement about the cabin. We love having aft balconies on any cruise but do not luck out to often and this time it is for my birthday so a special treat.

Have a great week.

Just off the FOS in 7408 yesterday Lovely balcony. Two loungers, two chairs and a small table.

Mostly shaded. Cabin, however is smaller than the regular E1's...didn't bother us... just saying. Congrat's !!

Which sailing did you book? We booked FOS 6/3/12 in 7708 the other Aft Corner Balcony on Deck 7! The onboard booking agent suggested that we check it out on the last day and I'm glad we did... awesome cabin, can't wait!

CONGRATS!!!!!

If this cabin/balcony layout is the same as on the INDY, it was fabulous. HUGE, and it has a pole in the middle. You will be so excited about your balcony, I am sure you will be pole dancing before the trip is over!!!!

Congrats....Now I need to book another trip just for this great balcony.

Unfortunately, the Allure and the Oasis don't have any balconys that compare to this for the price, but I seem to be drawn to that class right now.

Karen

Which sailing did you book? We booked FOS 6/3/12 in 7708 the other Aft Corner Balcony on Deck 7! The onboard booking agent suggested that we check it out on the last day and I'm glad we did... awesome cabin, can't wait!

This is our sailing too!!!!!!! Our friends and their daughter are also going on the cruise with us. They haven't booked it yet though.

Enjoy the moonlit wake. We did. It was great.

Enjoy your cruise.

Can't wait! Sounds romantic. Of course, not sure how romantic it will be with our then to be 8 year old son with us. LOL

Would 9404 be similar to that as well?

I booked it on FOS, because there are 2 of us. I book the 2 teenagers

inside close by.

I do not know the answer to this...hopefully someone else can answer. I do know that your cabin will not have the big port hole that looks to the side of the ship - that is only on two decks (6 and 7 I think). Not sure about the size of your balcony.

CONGRATS!!!!!

If this cabin/balcony layout is the same as on the INDY, it was fabulous. HUGE, and it has a pole in the middle. You will be so excited about your balcony, I am sure you will be pole dancing before the trip is over!!!!

Congrats....Now I need to book another trip just for this great balcony.

Unfortunately, the Allure and the Oasis don't have any balconys that compare to this for the price, but I seem to be drawn to that class right now.

Karen

I've heard about the pole. LOL. I don't think my cabin has the pole.

We had 7708 in January 2011. It was ok, an interesting experience to see what all the fuss is about. But we decided once was enough, we prefer a balcony much further forward. It did not have as much privacy due to the curvature in the back and staggered decks. It was mostly shade, I like a chance at some sun to lay out for a bit. The round hole for viewing to the side gives you a much more limited view to what you are passing than having a balcony room on the side. There seemed to be more vibration and ship movement that far back, plus you have a long hallway walk from the elevators/stairs. But if you like a large shady deck with lots of furniture, this definitely has that! Since you are sailing in June, you may prefer the shade. We northerners sailed in January and weather on the cruise was cool, so we enjoyed any sun we got!

Would 9404 be similar to that as well?

I booked it on FOS, because there are 2 of us. I book the 2 teenagers

inside close by.

Deck 8 and Deck 9 corners are the better corners on the Freedom Class and Voyager Class.

Corner Balconies on Deck 8 and 9 extend to the outside of the superstructure giving you an unobstructed view down.

Deck 7 and 6 stop short of the superstructure.

You made a very good choice.

Thanks for the note-- cruise with me.

actually the RC vacation planner suggested that corner room 9704. I told him I would like a corner room in the back and since the ones on deck

6 and 7 required 3 passengers in the room, I couldnt get it.

The only thing that bothers me is that it says it has an obstructed view.

What is obstructing????????? anyone have pics of this room or know?

-

Archived