Disney for kids club?

webcreatrix

I will have a 7 and 10 year old when we cruise in 2012. This will be our first family cruise. I think we'd be happy with Royal Caribbean, but the only thing I can see where it could possibly be worth the premium would be that the kids would be in the same club on Disney. Do you prefer your kids to be able to go to the same club or do you think they are just as happy going to separate clubs?

We did the Disney Wonder and it was a three night cruise. The kids club was crowded and my son was in with the 3-6 crowd.

I didn't like Disney better than Royal. Disney ships there are adult areas but in the kids pool it was so crowded. The buffet was a bit like Cafeteria food and I am a buffet fan. I just really didn't like Disney as an adult. The dining rooms are full of kids and its loud.

Go Royal- the youth program is just as good. There just aren't the Disney characters.

Do you prefer your kids to be able to go to the same club or do you think they are just as happy going to separate clubs?

No, I don't. For me, it's much better for them to go to different clubs. I never understand whyso many posters are concerned that their children are in the same club. Are they in the same class in school? Not usually. Part of travel and growing up is trying new things.

The only reason I would pay a premium for Disney was if you really wanted the Disney/character experience. My children 'should' have been in the same club as my son was 5 and my daughter was 3 when we travelled, however my son would have nothing to do with the younger kids club. He would only go to the older club. My daughter was fine going into the kids club without him.

We cruised on Disney when the kids were 5 and 7 and honestly they were so overwhelmed by the number of kids in the club, they didn't like it at first. They did do one activity together (cookie making). One day DD5 wanted to go back to the club, but DS7 actually opted to take a nap instead! DD did fine in there alone but didn't want to go back again.

That being said, I've heard plenty of people whose kids loved the Disney kids club. My kids are very social, but they don't like huge groups. For that reason we're looking at other cruise lines for a 2012 Alaska cruise. I'm having the same debate you are- are we better off with them in the same club or does it really matter? They argue all the time at home, so you'd think they'd prefer their space.

Archived