Has anyone done the "canopy Tour" in Ohio Rios through RCCL or on own?

HI! I'm not getting many answers on the Jamaica board and thought you friendly folks could help me out! :)

We're on the Mariner in November. I'm REALLY interested in this Canopy Tour. However, we want to climb the falls, and visit Margaritaville, too. I'd like to hear from someone who has actually done this tour, please. #1 priority is the falls, but we REALLY want to do both. Has anyone tried this?

I've also heard of people booking privately with local tour guides in Jamaica. Has anyone done this? What's your experience with that? We've only ever booked side trips through RCCL.

Just in case all reading this would like to know:

I just found out straight from the company that the only wasy to experience this tour is to go through the cruise ship. therefore, we will not be doing this tour because of time constraints. We just want to do more than the time this tour takes will allow.

But if you are taking the trip, TELL US HOW IT WENT. I'll be sad to be missing it, but in a party of 5, majority rules and I don't get to zip-line the jungle. :(

I also really wanted to do this tour. RCCL will only allow adults over 18 to do it- even though the tour people themselves will allow anyone over 10. They tell me they are going to meet with the ships to discuss this restriction. I booked all our tours in Jamaica through A-Z Planners. I would have been able to do the canopy through the ship and then other tours through the independents.

Anyone taken their kids on this?

Thanks-

Lisa

I did the canopy tour last summer from Montego Bay, It was Great!:) I would deffintly do this if you are a thrill seeker as it got my adreline going! I would compare it to a mix between skydiving and bunging jumping. Make sure to buy some bug spray as the Jungle is filled with bugs! You can email me at denverbroncos@hotmail.com with any questions.

Archived