Rainy day in Barbados

jlavender

Cruise critic has helped me out a lot so I thought I would share my experience. Sadly, when we got to Barbados it was a rainy day. Since our plans were to visit Boatyard beach all day, we decided to join 2 other couples from our cruise and go on a guided tour. We approached one of the taxi drivers (manager or something) who was standing at the bus/taxi terminal when you get off the ship who showed us to a taxi driver named Jenny. She was very educated about the island and was able to share information about it. She stopped at interesting spots along the way so that we could get out and take pictures. We drove along the west coast, across to the east, and back down - where she dropped us off at Boatyard beach. This 2 hour tour cost us $20. A lot of the ships offer the same type of tour but it is much more expensive. If you feel comfortable with taking a taxi, I highly suggest it.

After we got dropped off at Boatyard, we went to the beach where a guy approached us asking if we wanted to swim with turtles. We went with two other couples and it cost us $20 each. We went out on a boat, and they provided us with life jackets and snorkel gear. He fed the turtles so that they would stay around us. We were out there for a good half an hour and the turtles stayed around the whole time. He then took us over to the ship wreck which was also really cool. Again, the cruise ships offer this excursion for a much higher price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived