Disney Magic Galveston

ssbeagle

My son has just booked a cruise on the Disney Magic from Galveston in 2012. What can you tell me about cabin 8004/8006. Are they connecting cabins or just next door to each other. What good pointers can you give me about the ship? Where can I get a good floorplan of what the cabin looks like? I had a hard time with the Disney website and finding what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch.

My son has just booked a cruise on the Disney Magic from Galveston in 2012. What can you tell me about cabin 8004/8006. Are they connecting cabins or just next door to each other. What good pointers can you give me about the ship? Where can I get a good floorplan of what the cabin looks like? I had a hard time with the Disney website and finding what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch.

These cat 4 family staterooms are great and situated on deck 8 in a forward position, firstly there are 'no' bad Cat 4 rooms they are all good, these will be in a quite location as there is no need for anyone to go up there bar people who have the rooms there, ie don't go anywhere else. Being very forward you will get a bit more motion on rough seas, but you will be able to enjoy your verandah and the feel will be very open and not enclosed on inside rooms. The ship is very well stabilized and so the motion issue is only on very rough seas and I wouldn't worry about it. Deck 8 rooms are great i have sailed on that deck 7 times for a total of 80 days plus and no complaints at all,

Good deck plans and stateroom layouts are on the DCL Website select

SHIPS>MAGIC>STATEROOMS>CAT 4 and on the cabin page you can toggle the photo for layout.

Also

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/wonder-magic-deck-plan.htm

Those are connecting Category 4 cabins. You are in a great location, right under the spa so it should nice and quiet. Other parts of deck 8 can have a serious issue with noise due to Deck 9 (the pool deck). Lots of running feet and moving of chairs as well as music from the deck parties. Fortunately, you will not have to worry about that in your location. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Those are connecting Category 4 cabins. You are in a great location, right under the spa so it should nice and quiet. Other parts of deck 8 can have a serious issue with noise due to Deck 9 (the pool deck). Lots of running feet and moving of chairs as well as music from the deck parties. Fortunately, you will not have to worry about that in your location. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Can I just say that on all of my cruises and all on Deck 8 of the Magic I have never ever had any noise issues at all. I sleep lightly at home as we live in a quite location and any movement wakes me up.

Its far far better than noise issues on other decks that adjoin engines, the sea, or clubs or theater.

Deck parties are limited to one on a seven night cruise and finish at around 10.45pm,

Can I just say that on all of my cruises and all on Deck 8 of the Magic I have never ever had any noise issues at all. I sleep lightly at home as we live in a quite location and any movement wakes me up.

Its far far better than noise issues on other decks that adjoin engines, the sea, or clubs or theater.

Deck parties are limited to one on a seven night cruise and finish at around 10.45pm,

Well I guess you were lucky but our experience is different. We have sailed most of our cruises on Deck 8 on the Magic and Wonder as well, most in the same Cat. 3 suite. We have had issues with noise as I mentioned in my earlier post... running footsteps, scraping of deck chairs being moved and music from the deck parties. Actually, there are two deck parties on a 7 night cruise, Sail Away Party and the Pirates Party.

Well I guess you were lucky but our experience is different. We have sailed most of our cruises on Deck 8 on the Magic and Wonder as well, most in the same Cat. 3 suite. We have had issues with noise as I mentioned in my earlier post... running footsteps, scraping of deck chairs being moved and music from the deck parties. Actually, there are two deck parties on a 7 night cruise, Sail Away Party and the Pirates Party.

I have also stayed in 8032/8532 Mid ship Cat 3s for cruises of 14/10 nights not issue,

Also Cat 4s in areas such as 8040 8562 8564 8568

I am not sure how many people will be in their stateroom for the sail away deck party, and as its about 30 mins, at 4.30pm i am sure it wouldn't be an issue if there was any noise, The only *night* deck party is Pirates night and it will not effect sleep, this is what I was pointing out.

I personally feel saying *serious* issues, (imho) is giving a wrong impression as there are many other rooms with serious issues, on say deck 2 from engine noise and vibration and also on other decks from clubs and cinema etc, that actually do have an issue.

I have also stayed in 8032/8532 Mid ship Cat 3s for cruises of 14/10 nights not issue,

Also Cat 4s in areas such as 8040 8562 8564 8568

I am not sure how many people will be in their stateroom for the sail away deck party, and as its about 30 mins, at 4.30pm i am sure it wouldn't be an issue if there was any noise, The only *night* deck party is Pirates night and it will not effect sleep, this is what I was pointing out.

I personally feel saying *serious* issues, (imho) is giving a wrong impression as there are many other rooms with serious issues, on say deck 2 from engine noise and vibration and also on other decks from clubs and cinema etc, that actually do have an issue.

Andrew, you are entitled to your personal opinion. I just shared our personal experience with our stays on deck 8 and for us the noise was a major issue. Sharing experience is what these boards are for. We will just have to agree to disagree. ;)

Thank you for your input. Motion does not bother us so we won't mind being up near the front.

What are some of the not-to-be-missed things to do on the ship? We are doing Galveston, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Costa Maya and I've been to all those places so we will be spending a lot of time on board.

What are some of the things they do with children?

Cabin questions:

1. Do they have refrigerators in the cabins?

2. Since this is a connecting cabin, how do they connect? Is there a door between them so you don't have to go into the hallway? Do the balcony partitions open to make a larger balcony?

3. Are Disney ships non-smoking?

Thank you for your input. Motion does not bother us so we won't mind being up near the front.

What are some of the not-to-be-missed things to do on the ship? We are doing Galveston, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Costa Maya and I've been to all those places so we will be spending a lot of time on board.

What are some of the things they do with children?

Cabin questions:

1. Do they have refrigerators in the cabins?

2. Since this is a connecting cabin, how do they connect? Is there a door between them so you don't have to go into the hallway? Do the balcony partitions open to make a larger balcony?

3. Are Disney ships non-smoking?

Unless they were replace during the last drydock, the cabins do not have "actual" refrigerators, it's more of a cooling box. It doesn't get very cold.

Connecting cabins have interior doors that open between them. You do not have to go into the hallway to access the other cabin. I'm not sure about the balcony partitions.

Disney ships are not non-smoking but smoking is only allowed in designated areas. Smoking is allowed on all cabin verandahs but not inside the cabins.

SSBeagle--when are you sailing. I am booked for the Sept 22nd cruise. I have always wanted to sail Disney and am so glad they decided to sail out of Galveston!

We are booked for Oct 13, 2012. Just hope hurricanes stay away that year.

I know that. We did a cruise out of Galveston once where they had a hurricane coming the week before and then one actually hit the week after our cruise. We were lucky that time. A friend got caught on a Carnival cruise out of New Orleans when Katrina hit. Their car was almost destroyed and they had to find their own way home since the ship went to Galveston since it couldn't get to NO. It's just the thought that if a hurricane does come it would be awful if it was while we were trying to get to the port or home from the port. We'll probably drive to our son's house and not rely on airplanes.

What kind of past passenger program does Disney have?

I know that. We did a cruise out of Galveston once where they had a hurricane coming the week before and then one actually hit the week after our cruise. We were lucky that time. A friend got caught on a Carnival cruise out of New Orleans when Katrina hit. Their car was almost destroyed and they had to find their own way home since the ship went to Galveston since it couldn't get to NO. It's just the thought that if a hurricane does come it would be awful if it was while we were trying to get to the port or home from the port. We'll probably drive to our son's house and not rely on airplanes.

What kind of past passenger program does Disney have?

What kind of cruise line diverts to a different departure port then leaves their passengers to fend for themselves to get home?

When this happened to Disney and the Disney Magic went to another Florida port, they found flights for many then bussed the rest to WDW and put them in resort rooms until flights could be arranged.

What kind of cruise line diverts to a different departure port then leaves their passengers to fend for themselves to get home?

When this happened to Disney and the Disney Magic went to another Florida port, they found flights for many then bussed the rest to WDW and put them in resort rooms until flights could be arranged.

She was on Carnival. They didn't do airfare because it's a short drive to the port. Carnival took care of only the people who had booked airfare with them. What would Disney do if you drove to the port and that happened?

She was on Carnival. They didn't do airfare because it's a short drive to the port. Carnival took care of only the people who had booked airfare with them. What would Disney do if you drove to the port and that happened?

It has happened. The Magic was a Day late because they couldn't approach Florida during a Hurricane. When they did, she ended up in Fort Lauderdale while Port Canaveral was closed. DCL bussed the guests back to Port Canaveral. Then they bussed the new passengers from Port Canaveral and MCO to Fort Lauderdale and departed a day late. Nobody was left stranded at Fort Lauderdale because they drove to Port Canaveral.

It has happened. The Magic was a Day late because they couldn't approach Florida during a Hurricane. When they did, she ended up in Fort Lauderdale while Port Canaveral was closed. DCL bussed the guests back to Port Canaveral. Then they bussed the new passengers from Port Canaveral and MCO to Fort Lauderdale and departed a day late. Nobody was left stranded at Fort Lauderdale because they drove to Port Canaveral.

That's customer service!

I know that no one knows for sure, but I'd like everyone's opinions on whether the Magic will be in Galveston for the summer of 2013. :confused: Royal Caribbean pulls out for the summer, but it would be GREAT to have some choices out of Galveston in the summer other than Carnival.

I know that no one knows for sure, but I'd like everyone's opinions on whether the Magic will be in Galveston for the summer of 2013. :confused: Royal Caribbean pulls out for the summer, but it would be GREAT to have some choices out of Galveston in the summer other than Carnival.

I don't think even Disney knows just yet. If they are successful in 2012 I am sure they will consider it, but if bookings are slow and they have to run promos to fill the ships, they may consider other ports. I am sure Galveston is aggressively negotiating an extension. Cross your fingers!

I don't think even Disney knows just yet. If they are successful in 2012 I am sure they will consider it, but if bookings are slow and they have to run promos to fill the ships, they may consider other ports. I am sure Galveston is aggressively negotiating an extension. Cross your fingers!

And if DCL get what they want out of those New York cruises, I'd expect the Magic will stay there for another summer unless she is going back to Europe.

The cruise lines run the ships where they will make the most money for them. They don't like having to give special deals just to fill the ships and they also have to make money on board as well. Princess was in Galveston for a time and pulled out and now they are trying to give it a go again when the Crown Princess returns to Galveston in 2012 also. It would be nice for more ships to go in there. However, it gets old after a while when they go to the same ports over and over again. This time we are going on the Magic because of our son and grandchildren. The ports are really unimportant to us. This will be one cruise for just enjoying the ship.

Archived