Spirit class stateroom question

wallypbear

Would you take stateroom 7206? Why or why not? Not much info on this stateroom or 7237 opposite side of ship. Pictures of the solid wall and stateroom jutting out would be great help. Thanks:)

Would not be my favorite choice. Here is a pic of the Spirit shown from the wrong side, but you still get the idea of the jut in the wall. In the past, we ahve had the opposite room (sort of 7244). The deeper balcony is nice, but still would not take this room.

P7020029.jpg.5d2f04477cfab5790aaeddcfc7acd5a4.jpg

I have been on the Spirit and 3 times on the Miracle (same class of ship). To me, having the balcony is great and it really does not matter how high you go on the ship. A balcony cabin is exactly the same interior size regardless of where it is located with just a couple of exceptions. This cabin is mid ships which can be the most important issue. It also has no noise making decks above or below it so that is also a benefit. To me, the fact that it juts out from the neighboring cabin should not be that much of a negative factor.

When on the Spirit, we had a mid ships Window Cabin and were upgraded to a Balcony Cabin at the very front of the ship. That was a mistake. You could really hear the anchor chain being taken in or let out. In addition, the air intake is at the very front and it was so powerful, it would move the plastic chairs across the balcony deck along with the small table. In addition, the rushing air had a roaring sound to it. So it has been mid ships ever since.

I have been on the Spirit,Miracle, Legend and Pride....my favorite class ship! I took this picture from our balcony on the Legend looking forward. We had three cabins in a row, 7256/7258/7260. You can see the lifeboats below and can see where the next section juts out. Great cabin location being between two other passenger decks!

2832170420064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Becca....that's excactly my conundrum on our upcoming voyage (10/7 Spirit/Mex Riv) being in cabin 6151 (an 8C). Though I love the deck because of cabins above and below us.

I might have to request a room change.

Thank you all for your thoughts. 7231 and 7205 are available. I guess the trade off would be having a neighbor on both sides and staterooms directly across the corridor. (I am always concerned about late night noise(After midnight) on Carnival waking us up.) for better view. Not to say that the guests in 7204 won't be the loudest one's on the ship.:eek:....Maybe I should go with which side of the ship I will have afternoon sun and see more sunsets from.:D.....Let see now,..... it's the 8 day Southern Caribbean to Turk, Dominican, Aruba, Curacao......? I love it!! The planning is just as much fun as the cruise itself.:D

If it were me, I'd rather have the "jutted out" part behind me (which it is in your case), than in front of me. Ex: 7157 or 7158

Be aware that the lifeboats are below you.

On that note.....we LOVE the spirit class ships!!! And we love the extended balconies especially up front on the 5th floor and on the aft balconies. The front glass panels bend out on these two location and make the deck floor larger.

If it were me, I'd rather have the "jutted out" part behind me (which it is in your case), than in front of me. Ex: 7157 or 7158

Be aware that the lifeboats are below you.

On that note.....we LOVE the spirit class ships!!! And we love the extended balconies especially up front on the 5th floor and on the aft balconies. The front glass panels bend out on these two location and make the deck floor larger.

We had a Vista suite on the Legend which was the best!!! 7445 on Freedom. Aft corners have always been our first choice. Unfortunately they are not available as well as all ocean view aft staterooms.

• 7 months later...
I think the OPs concern is that these particular rooms are right next to the jutted out section. So they can look out to the right and have a great view. But look to the left and they see a lovely (not!) wall!

On the other hand, lots of privacy on that side and a great wind break.

Archived