Bistro near the Buffet--Does It Still Exist?

daveoc

The last time we cruised with Princess was on Sea Princess around 5 years ago.

Then, at 11pm each evening, one side of the buffet became the Bistro, a sit down and be served area, and I was able to enjoy, without any extra charge, a pretty comprehensive 3 course menu including steak.

We are on the Grand in November---does the Bistro still exist in this form?

Each ship has a slightly different dining arrangement, and I believe the Bistro on the Sea Princess was similar to the Sterling Steakhouse arrangement on some Grand class ships where a dedicated section of the buffet was set-up as the steakhouse at night. I recently saw this happening on the Sapphire, for example. BUT, the new Grand Princess now has the dedicated Crown Grill, not a section of the Buffet. Here is a listing of all the dining options now on the Grand:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ap/amenities_publicrooms/personal_choice_dining/index.html

Each ship has a slightly different dining arrangement, and I believe the Bistro on the Sea Princess was similar to the Sterling Steakhouse arrangement on some Grand class ships where a dedicated section of the buffet was set-up as the steakhouse at night. I recently saw this happening on the Sapphire, for example. BUT, the new Grand Princess now has the dedicated Crown Grill, not a section of the Buffet. Here is a listing of all the dining options now on the Grand:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ap/amenities_publicrooms/personal_choice_dining/index.html

Yes I remember now. What became the Bistro at 11pm was the speciality steakhouse from 6pm to 11pm.

The link makes no mention of a Bistro---shame.

Archived