Are children allowed at the Chef's table?

Did you explain that this was your calm side and they should see you when there aren't children around? :confused:

Hi Cuizer, how are you?:) I didn't want to give away all the Spirit Dawg secrets.:p

Trailercruiser, I don't think it takes alcohol to make new friends, but it does break down barriers (reminder, we are talking about wine here) and I have indeed met some great people on excursions that involve food and wine who have become life long friends that I have cruised with again and again. Even on a cruise ship, people still stick with their own group/family and the unique experience offered by the CT gives you an opportunity to meet people you might not otherwise.

I just read a (very good) review and it details the chef's table on Destiny. Seems a cute young boy who wants to be a chef was there with his parents and the chef choose him as "assistant"....kid posed in a chef hat

Picture of the kid with the adults eating...

but then....the reviewer said that the kid couldn't handle the time/courses and chef had to ask them to leave I think?? So the family left before the filet ...no doggie bag for them

So that is a very real possibility ...spend $75 per person and not even make it through the whole meal??

What next : will we see kids at wine tastings, sipping ginger ale? Will kids be at the Martini tasting enjoying a "Shirley Temple"??? How bout the "Quest"?? Couldn't a well behaved 14 year old enjoy that too??

Yeah....with these sophisticated CC kids who knows? Bring them to a "seminar at sea", a conference, why not? Oh and the card room....they might enjoy playing bridge right?

And what about me....will Carnival extend all it's areas to me?? I don't like smoke so maybe I can dance in the teen club room?? I might enjoy the "build a bear". When the kids run around the ship looking for Freddie that looks like fun, can I join in??

(Kidding aside......

JMO>>> Carnival themselves should set the limit here...if they must let kids in the steakhouse then restrict them from the chef's table.)

Sorry that it takes alcohol to meet new people

I never said it TOOK alcohol to meet new people. We would've had a good time had there not been wine. But the simple fact is, there was wine and it was flowing freely. Not drinking it would have been as stupid as not drinking it on the oh-so-romantic dinner cruise we took on the Seine in Paris a few years ago. I don't HAVE to have alcohol to meet new friends, but it sure does loosen up a room if it is.

4 Hours of continuous eating!?!?!? Wow!! That is the difference between those who live to eat and eat to live.

How true ! I cant even finish all my food in the supper clubs, much less the Chef's Table. Would be a complete waste of money for me.

As far as children, if they are WELL BEHAVED, I wouldnt have a problem with it.

Are you Joking? Have you read the thread??? I swear Halos I admire you as a poster but you really need to read through the thread.:mad:

I'm sorry...my bad, total screw up post....I meant to ask how many have actually been to the Chef's table and wound up finding kids there....I just don't think it's that common.

I have to also add that I personally find it odd. I have as much fun and crazy in me as the next CCL cruiser, (which is why i sailed X only once and never went back) but always in context of where I am. I can't imagine anyone behaving bawdy at this dinner...yes, maybe people get a bit louder after a couple glasses of wine, but I can NOT imagine it getting to the point where a child would be exposed to something that bad.

To be honest, if it was a table full of adults with no kids in attendance, and the atmosphere turned into that of the piano bar (for example) I wouldn't enjoy it.....this isn't the place for that.

jmo but if this is supposed to be THAT special a dinner, then why the heck behave like it's a pub???

:eek: and someone please tell me what happened to my brain that I now defend kids on a cruise?????? :p

Archived