Cambria suites dania beach???

mimirdh

Hi Everyone! I have sailed many times but never out of FLL. I just made reservations at Cambria Suites off of Stirling Rd for our upcoming cruise on the Oasis.

Does anyone have any better ideas? Pros or cons of staying there? We have 8-12 ppl in our party, and we were attracted to this place b/c of free breakfast and free transport to and from airport AND port. However, everything I read suggests somewhere on 17th st- that means paying pp to theport and buying breakfast somewhere..... did I make the right decision???? Thanks

Mimi

I don't see anything wrong with that area. The hotel is fairly new and it's near a large shopping area (maybe a 15 minute walk on the other side of I-95). You generally pay a lot less over in this area than on 17th St, and with that many people, shuttle costs add up.

I don't see anything wrong with that area. The hotel is fairly new and it's near a large shopping area (maybe a 15 minute walk on the other side of I-95). You generally pay a lot less over in this area than on 17th St, and with that many people, shuttle costs add up.

Thanks for the info. I think we will probably end up staying there unless the price of Embassy suites on 17th goes down.....the free shuttle every 1/2 hour to the port is what really sold me so far. (ES charges 8 bucks p/p)

The hotel is nice, the food is actually excellent - and I don't usually eat at a hotel - but you are nowhere. A cab to the beach is $20 each way, there's only one restaurant in walking distance (Cuban, pretty good), there's a shopping center with a Costco (if you want to buy wine) a 15-min walk on a busy, busy street. If you just want to sleep there, great. We liked the hotel, did not like the location.

The hotel is nice, the food is actually excellent - and I don't usually eat at a hotel - but you are nowhere. A cab to the beach is $20 each way, there's only one restaurant in walking distance (Cuban, pretty good), there's a shopping center with a Costco (if you want to buy wine) a 15-min walk on a busy, busy street. If you just want to sleep there, great. We liked the hotel, did not like the location.

My thoughts exactly. We stayed there in November.

There is a Chipotle and McDonald's within walking distance of this hotel(1/2 mile or less). Also, the Oakwood Plaza shopping center, whose entrance is within walking distance of Cambria Suites, has many restaurants: Moonlight Diner, Dave and Buster's, TGI Friday's, The Ale House, Sweet Tomatoes, Sal's Italian, and maybe one more that I'm forgetting. These restaurants are located near the rear of Oakwood Plaza, so taking a very short cab ride to them may be necessary depending on the physical fitness of your party (Oakwood is a large shopping plaza). If you do decide to walk the 1 to 1 1/2 mile to these restaurants, it is safe during daylight hours. Be careful crossing Stirling Rd, and cross only at crosswalks because of the traffic volume.

• 1 month later...
We are staying at the Cambria Suites pre-cruise in November. Is there a close liquor store? We want to pickup some wine and black rum.

There is a BJ's Liquors at the Oakwood Plaza shopping center which is less than a mile from your hotel. I do not belive that they sell wine, though, only liquor. But two doors down from BJ's Liquors is Kmart, and the Kmart does sell wine. But, their selection may be limited.

Thanks for the info. K-mart for wine -not sure what to expect there. Sounds like we will have to take a walk over to this plaza for last minute shopping. I read that there are a few restaurants in the area to consider for dinner, although I hear the hotel restaurant is very good.

Hi Everyone! I have sailed many times but never out of FLL. I just made reservations at Cambria Suites off of Stirling Rd for our upcoming cruise on the Oasis.

Does anyone have any better ideas? Pros or cons of staying there? We have 8-12 ppl in our party, and we were attracted to this place b/c of free breakfast and free transport to and from airport AND port. However, everything I read suggests somewhere on 17th st- that means paying pp to theport and buying breakfast somewhere..... did I make the right decision???? Thanks

Mimi

We stayed there 4/29/11 before our Oasis cruise. It was a very nice hotel, but breakfast was not free.

There are tons of restaurants within walking distance. Subway, Taco Bell, MCdonalds, Burger King for fast food and then there is a really nice diner right in front of the KMart which is just down the street. Plus if you want to walk alittle farther there is a Dave and Busters and a few others.

Archived