Passport times

Just wanted to let you know how quickly passport turn aroun times seem to be right now. 3 1/2 weeks from the time I walked in to the postoffice and applied to the time it showed up in my mailbox last night.

Yes things seem to have gotten faster since after 9/11. Friends who applied right after that waited for what seemed like forever but lately I"ve had others say it was less than a month. I would assume the screening process has gotten more efficient.

In trying to split the cost for us, my husband applied for his with one paycheck and we got the 3 kids two weeks later with another paycheck. Low and behold all 4 passports came in on the same day. Exactly 4 weeks and 2 weeks respectively. I figured, they must do processing once or twice a month and my husband just missed the date and my kids just barely made the date. That was in March.

None the less, all of us have passports and in 24 long days I will be sippin' DOD's on a deck with the only worry in the world would to remember to go eat at 6 o'clock. Wait, that's not a worry if I miss it, I can just go to the Lido deck. Nope, not a worry in the world. :p

DD's arrived a couple weeks ago, and it took right about 3 1/2 weeks. Looks like they've figured it out. ;) Only 34 days until vacation! :D:D

Nice.....

I got mine during the mad rush of 07 when they were originally gonna require all cruisers to have passports. We got it "expedited" and it still took several months.

Wow. That's pretty ridiculous. I also got my last passport in 2007 and had it expedited it and it took just a few weeks!

3 1/2 weeks from Post Office to mailbox for my recently renewed passport as well, without the usual "expedited service fees." For those counting on a quick turnaround time - don't. The Department of State's passport performance cycles and the latest good news should not be considered a standard.

Yes things seem to have gotten faster since after 9/11. Friends who applied right after that waited for what seemed like forever but lately I"ve had others say it was less than a month. I would assume the screening process has gotten more efficient.

I think it is because now they don't have to compare your picture to all the photos of Osama.

We expedited DD's passport this month and it arrived 9 days after we applied.

(Never again will we procrastinate. The fee to expedite plus overnight mail each way was freaking absurd, especially on a passport for a minor that will be good for only 5 years.)

Archived