Park & Cruise- Mobile and a few other questions

fraz0132

Looking for a hotel in Mobile to park and cruise. $120 parking at the dock for 7 days is kinda expensive.

I've posted on some of the other boards about a few excursions and haven't gotten a response.

Montego Bay- Dunn's river falls- that's probably the one thing that we would like to do at this port.

Grand Cayman- Barrier Reef Snorkle, Sea Trek, or Shipwreck and Snorleling.

Cozumel- Passiion Island or Playa Mia

I am afraid to book excursions throught anyone other than Carnival with being new to cruising.

Any other suggestions or things we need to know about the Elation. We have never driven to a port before. We usually fly in.

Oh- and any suggestions on places to eat since we will be in Mobile the night before.

thanks so much

We love the Elaton and are doing another 5 day cruise on it in 9 days. We will be using the Microtel in Saraland/North Mobile for our Park & Cruise-I think the total for our room, parking and shuttle to and from was around $130. Never stayed in the hotel but I've read good reviews and heard good things from people here on CC.

The only beach I've ever used in Coz is Playa Palancar which is beautiful and has great food and drinks-no charge to use the beach.

The few excursions I've taken have been booked through independent tour guides but not where you're going. Enjoy your cruise :D

If you look at the gulf ports departures threads, you will see most people stay at the Microtel in Saraland.

I stayed at the Mobile Bay Adventure Inn for $59.99 plus tax and $5 a day to park during my cruise. I stayed there in Feb for $53.99. But they charged me $8 a day to park.

Its close enough to easily walk to the port. Not a great hotel, but I just wanted a comfy bed.

I have booked a room at this hotel. Haven't stayed there yet, but It's $120ish for parking, staying one night, breakfast, transportation from hotel to terminal and back. Someone I'm cruising with in September just got back from her stay at the Microtel and she said it was WONDERFUL!! This price is for up to 4 people and if need be you can park multiple cars for no extra charge.:D

No need to be nervous about Playa Mia in Cozumel as non Carnival and I'm a single mom. We felt very safe taking a taxi (which you can share at taxi stand - or you may make a friend on your sailing). Playa Mia great way to spend day in Cozumel.

• 4 weeks later...
I can book Playa Mia through Carnival. Is that the best way to go? Is there any shopping near by when you get off the ship?

Last time I was there in 06, there were some locals selling stuff in a little row of pavilions, but that was it. If you take a taxi downtown, there is lots of great shopping!

• 4 weeks later...

We did the Passion Island via Twister boat in Cozumel a couple of years ago and had a blast! The boat ride was fun, the buffet meal at the beach was tasty and we had plenty of time to play in the water on trampolines, kayaks and such. It was definitely worth the $$ and would do it again.

Archived