Radiance of the Seas at Esquimalt graving dock - exterior dry dock photos

We're spending the week in Victoria after the last Radiance cruise. Here is a link to my uploaded photos - too many, I know. But it was fun to take them. I like it when the crew waved to us from the helipad during the final moments pulling into the dock.

The first pictures are of Radiance leaving Victoria heading to Vancouver. We disembarked a day early. It was great fun to see Beresford waving to us from just outside of Hollywood Odyssey. He's in one of the pictures if you zoom in.

2178618120100637652zdrLhy_th.jpg

Today I was told it "looks like a war zone" inside. All the old venues were stripped out the first day. Progress is fast and under control.

Gina

We're spending the week in Victoria after the last Radiance cruise. Here is a link to my uploaded photos - too many, I know. But it was fun to take them. I like it when the crew waved to us from the helipad during the final moments pulling into the dock.

The first pictures are of Radiance leaving Victoria heading to Vancouver. We disembarked a day early. It was great fun to see Beresford waving to us from just outside of Hollywood Odyssey. He's in one of the pictures if you zoom in.

2178618120100637652zdrLhy_th.jpg

Today I was told it "looks like a war zone" inside. All the old venues were stripped out the first day. Progress is fast and under control.

Gina

Thanks for sharing, Gina!

I'm jealous.......you got to spend five days with so many of my friends! :( And I have still never met you!

;)

C

Thanks for sharing, Gina!

I'm jealous.......you got to spend five days with so many of my friends! :( And I have still never met you!

;)

C

Just 4 days....it was nice to finally meet Lorna. :)

Gina

Just 4 days....it was nice to finally meet Lorna. :)

Gina

Thanks for posting the photos, Gina! I hope your weather stayed as nice as we had last week!

It was great to finally meet you and Denis, too! Have fun in Victoria. Today, Bill said that he wants to go back and stay for a few days. I guess we now have a post-cruise trip, for our AK cruise, next year.

~ Lorna

Thanks for the pics. We're on her first sailing after the refurbishment, June 10th out of Vancouver. Will be our third time on the Radiance. First time was on her first cruise to Alaska (2001 I think), second time was to the Caribbean. Our favorite ship! We'll try to post some pics when we get back, and maybe a review.

Great pics Gina. Certainly a lot of activity. You have exceeded my best expectation.:D:D:D

I just uploaded 2 very short videos to youtube, too. One you saw at facebook, the other is as she is pulling in....slowly. Nothing fancy - just short and sweet from my iphone.

Gina

That's all nice, but are they going to fix the dent the Carinval ship put in her bow? :)

Funny you should ask. :) During my inspection today :D, that is exactly what they were preparing to do. A man was in a bucket grinding the paint off of that dent. I'll post a picture later when I have full computer access.

Gina

Here is a current picture of the pool deck - not taken by me of course. :)

e763e665.jpg

Gina

Love this shot! Thanks for posting. This is exactly where we laid out every day when we sailed on her last month. Great memories :)

Archived