Half Moon Caye Private Oasis - Heaven on Earth!

imluvncruzn

We already want to go back with our kids...but I don't think I would spend the $110 each for the kids. I know they would like the slide but they wouldn't eat or drink enough to make up for spending that kind of money. There are two small water slides on the beach for the kids anyways. So my honest opinion is that when I go back with the kids, we will rent a regular cabana and enjoy HMC that way. And as far as the bartender leaving at 2:30, we had no choice. I know of another who also rented the Oasis last year and they said their bartender left at 2:30, as well.

LOL I have two teenage sons and you have never seen them eat! I am really not even sure where they put it!

It was very hot and sunny that day but found it very comfortable in the Oasis. It was completely shaded in there and very open and "airy". There's also a misting fan available down by the hot tub...

from your pics, it looks like the cabana is very elevated....can you tell me, can you lay on the beach by the water and still be able to socialize with the people inside the cabana or are you then isolated?

we have booked the oasis for 8/6/11

LOL I have two teenage sons and you have never seen them eat! I am really not even sure where they put it!

LOL...Didn't realize you were talking about teenagers! I have three sons so I know what you're talking about with the amount of food they consume!!

from your pics, it looks like the cabana is very elevated....can you tell me, can you lay on the beach by the water and still be able to socialize with the people inside the cabana or are you then isolated?

we have booked the oasis for 8/6/11

How exciting! I know you're gonna love it! If you scroll back to post #1 in this thread and look at the middle pic, you'll see that they've made a small beach area (sandy) kinda behind the hottub area. It is impossible to socialize with others from there unless they're right there with you. That is the only beach area close to the Oasis. The beach that is open to the public is a good 75-100 yards away. We had several adults and kids wander over to the Oasis and either want to look around or use the slide. The cabana hostess and/or lifeguard always quickly intercepted and advised them that the Oasis was for a private group only. Enoy the Oasis and let me know if you have any other questions!

How exciting! I know you're gonna love it! If you scroll back to post #1 in this thread and look at the middle pic, you'll see that they've made a small beach area (sandy) kinda behind the hottub area. It is impossible to socialize with others from there unless they're right there with you. That is the only beach area close to the Oasis. The beach that is open to the public is a good 75-100 yards away. We had several adults and kids wander over to the Oasis and either want to look around or use the slide. The cabana hostess and/or lifeguard always quickly intercepted and advised them that the Oasis was for a private group only. Enoy the Oasis and let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you for posting all those pictures! It looks beautiful and I am sure we are going to enjoy it! I do have one more question though. In the middle pic on the 1st post, I cant see the water.....lol there is water there right? Or do you have to walk the 75-100 yds to get to the beach and sand together?

Thank you for posting all those pictures! It looks beautiful and I am sure we are going to enjoy it! I do have one more question though. In the middle pic on the 1st post, I cant see the water.....lol there is water there right? Or do you have to walk the 75-100 yds to get to the beach and sand together?

The cabana is sitting in the water...So yes you wallk down the stairs or use the slide to enter the water. If you want to lay out on the beach, you'd have to walk down the boardwalk (shown below) to get to the beach or you could lay out on the little man-made beach they've built behind the oasis (to the right of the hot tub if you're looking at the pic below)...I hope this helps...

attachment.php?attachmentid=195897&d=1306168453

Thanks for your posts on the Oasis. I am renting it with momofboys and we are excited. I have kds that eat like crazy (I know the food is included) but they will want to order frozen drinks, and my DH and I would be having a few buckets of beer, so when you factor in that with the experience of it, I think it will be great! It is vacation so we went for it! Thanks again!

For those of you who have experienced the Oasis, do the stairs go right down into the water or is there a bit of a step off?

The stairs go right down...no large drop off. However there was a huge difference in the morning (high tide) and afternoon (low tide) with the depth of the water. Becareful using the slide in the afternoon. A friend hurt his tailbone because the water was so shallow in the afternoon.

The cabana is sitting in the water...So yes you wallk down the stairs or use the slide to enter the water. If you want to lay out on the beach, you'd have to walk down the boardwalk (shown below) to get to the beach or you could lay out on the little man-made beach they've built behind the oasis (to the right of the hot tub if you're looking at the pic below)...I hope this helps...

attachment.php?attachmentid=195897&d=1306168453

OK last question....I promise.....if you are on the little man made beach....does it have access to the water right there or is it just sand?

Thanks for your posts on the Oasis. I am renting it with momofboys and we are excited. I have kds that eat like crazy (I know the food is included) but they will want to order frozen drinks, and my DH and I would be having a few buckets of beer, so when you factor in that with the experience of it, I think it will be great! It is vacation so we went for it! Thanks again!

My thoughts EXACTLY and I couldnt have said it better myself! Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify....we are booked for the private oasis on our cruise in december...it says that the oasis is only booked from 9:30-2:30...that is why the bartenders keep leaving at 2:30....nice of him to leave a dozen beers though!

Will look into the imports/wine issue once we board...will bring a print out of what is supposed to be included with us. Thanks for the heads up!

Archived