just back from 11 night mexico from mercury

moorefun

Hey Moorefun! Hope you had a great time. Just a few questions:

- Did your ports include PV, Cabo and Mazatlan and if so, what did you do at each port?

- What cabin did you have and how was it? Ie., we've heard some mention on these boards of extreme wear, etc.; was your cabin nice, clean, bed comfortable?

-What was your favorite meal in the dining room? And did most how did most people dress on formal and informal nights?

Thanks,

Dragonlady

ok here we go

the weather about 60 degrees near sandiego 75 in cabo 82 in mazatlan

91 in alcapulco it was beutiful a little cool the first two days and last two days

the martini bar and service including food outstanding although the trough as i call it was crowded (the buffet) the pasta bar was one of my favorites i also enjoyed a daily hot dog pizza was good burgers good (boy am i hungry)

our room was 1103 excellant location cc class great balcony

bed was the most confortable bed i have had on a cruise ship

the vibration was not as bad on this ship as compaired to galaxy (it is noted bad vibration all the way in the back of the ship)

all in all a great cruise 12 day rt san diego sorry it is over

ok here we go

the weather about 60 degrees near sandiego 75 in cabo 82 in mazatlan

91 in alcapulco it was beutiful a little cool the first two days and last two days

the martini bar and service including food outstanding although the trough as i call it was crowded (the buffet) the pasta bar was one of my favorites i also enjoyed a daily hot dog pizza was good burgers good (boy am i hungry)

our room was 1103 excellant location cc class great balcony

bed was the most confortable bed i have had on a cruise ship

the vibration was not as bad on this ship as compaired to galaxy (it is noted bad vibration all the way in the back of the ship)

all in all a great cruise 12 day rt san diego sorry it is over

When was muster?

Did anyone get sick this time?

When was the CC party?

Do you like the deck you were on or ever stayed on Sky deck?

Any weddings on board?

Thanks,

Liz

muster well we got om board about 1130 am sailing was at 500 i think (im trying to rememeber here) i think 4 30

i did not here of anyone getting sick

i did see someone who appeared to get married they wee in suits the first day

cc party was again i think day 2 about 3 30

i definatly rememeber that the food was good

HI Mr and Mrs. Shaw, I remember reading your concern about the critics regarding Mercury. Every single time I read a poor review of her I think of you and your up coming wedding on her. I hope you, as I, have come to the conclusion that some people can not be satisfied. I came across a some pics of the wear of which we have read....it was not much to write home about- actually, I got pretty angry about the fuss and mad at myself for worrying about it. You two look so happy- I think your wedding will be perfect. I am sailing on her April 17th and will certainly let you know what I find. Anyone else going out that day?

Donna

We were on the Mercury, 7 Feb. 05 11-night Mexican Riviera. We’re surprised to read so many negative posts concerning the Mercury’s condition. We didn’t think she was worn out so to speak. Yes the elevator floors were in need of some refinishing. Like all our other cruises, there was always someone cleaning, painting, washing and etc. everyday. The service was great, the staff and support staff very friendly and the food was good to excellent. If we didn’t like what we choose to eat, we tried something else we did like. The only negative thing we can think of is how small and uncomfortable the movie theater was. That didn’t ruin our cruise. We don’t go on a cruise expecting everything to be perfect. What is in life? We enjoyed the itinerary (our second time doing the Mexican Riviera) and the Mercury very much. We just hope all of you that have found the Mercury to be in such poor condition voiced their opinion to Celebrity. Those considering going on the Mercury, do so. Those scheduled to sail on the Mercury, go and enjoy your cruise.

Bon Voyage

HI Mr and Mrs. Shaw, I remember reading your concern about the critics regarding Mercury. Every single time I read a poor review of her I think of you and your up coming wedding on her. I hope you, as I, have come to the conclusion that some people can not be satisfied. I came across a some pics of the wear of which we have read....it was not much to write home about- actually, I got pretty angry about the fuss and mad at myself for worrying about it. You two look so happy- I think your wedding will be perfect. I am sailing on her April 17th and will certainly let you know what I find. Anyone else going out that day?

Donna

Thanks for your kind thoughts Donna! I am positive after all the reviews I have read we will be thrilled with the Mercury, the room and the whole cruise experience! My biggest fear is having to come home after so much pampeiring!

My biggest worry on ship is the poor kids (3 dogs) being in a kennel for so long for the first time ever!

I will try hard not to think about anything but fun!

Liz:p:p:p

Hi Donna,

I will be sailing along with you on the 17th... coming up real soon now!!

:DHey smooth dancer....nice to meet you. You sound as excited as me:p !!

Once I booked the trip I found a thread started nearly a year ago- and is still going! They all seem very nice and I actually ordered a T-shirt from their ring leader. I believe the thread title is "Who is sailing out under the golden gate with us?" Everyone is really friendly, and apparently have cruised together before on the summit-so they know each other pretty well. I have signed up for the cc party through them. I look forward to meeting you smooth dancer.

I have my docs. do you?

Donna and Francis:D

Only 1 month left!!!! Only 1! :p

First time in California and Pacific Ocean!

First time for my DH on Celebrity!

:) Check my signature :)

Are you going to be on Mercury April 17 too? I have seen a couple of your other postings. What does DH mean? (dear husband?) For some reason I thought you knew the summeteers? Now Mercury maniacs?

Donna

Hey Moorefun - it was nice to put a face to your name at the CC party on our cruise. My thoughts - the Mercury is a great ship; loved the decor; loved the great service; loved Mexico .... just wish I had another cruise to look forward to!! To all of you getting ready to board the Mercury - you will love her. Laurie

Hi Donna,

Yes..... missed the T shirt thing... Am a CPA and in the middle of tax season, so did not get to order in time... Oh Well... My husband and I are catching flight into SF on the 15th, at 9:00PM after all the returns are postmarked... This cruise has become my sanity!!!

Have you booked any excursions or plans for the ports.... Cant seem to make and decisions so far..

We to are booked with the CC party... Should be fun...

Janet

EAN...

Some encouragement from a fellow dog lover... (yea our kids too!!)

Actually I work for a corporation that owns Vet hospitals and boarding facilites through out the US..... You would be surprised to know just how well your kiddies are treated... Most of our kennel staff works for us not because of the $'ss but for thier love of animals...

The dogs are well loved and taken care of well... We board our dogs when we go on vacation.... When we drive up the kennel, she knows where she is, and just cant wait to get out of the car..... Go figure

Dont worry.... they will be fine.

J

Hi Donna,

Yes..... missed the T shirt thing... Am a CPA and in the middle of tax season, so did not get to order in time... Oh Well... My husband and I are catching flight into SF on the 15th, at 9:00PM after all the returns are postmarked... This cruise has become my sanity!!!

Have you booked any excursions or plans for the ports.... Cant seem to make and decisions so far..

We to are booked with the CC party... Should be fun...

Janet

Hi Janet,

We haven't planned any excursions yet. We were planning on renting a golf cart on Catalina-heard that was fun. Planning on the old towne tour in SD with an evening cruise around the bay-heard that was nice too by a friend who lives in SD. The rest is up in the air...You??

Donna:D

Janet-

good luck with those returns! My tax appointment is on the 12th, I always feel sorry for my poor tax guy-sooo tired!!! More about tours I have heard good things about: SF:Going to do the Alcatraz tour on Friday, and see the Redwoods on Sat-tour (I had read they are all pretty good). Hubby wants to see the wax museum on the warf.....He loves that stuff!!!!

Donna

EAN...

Some encouragement from a fellow dog lover... (yea our kids too!!)

Actually I work for a corporation that owns Vet hospitals and boarding facilites through out the US..... You would be surprised to know just how well your kiddies are treated... Most of our kennel staff works for us not because of the $'ss but for thier love of animals...

The dogs are well loved and taken care of well... We board our dogs when we go on vacation.... When we drive up the kennel, she knows where she is, and just cant wait to get out of the car..... Go figure

Dont worry.... they will be fine.

J

Thanks!

My biggest worry is that they will escape. I have two Shiba Inu's ard they are notorious escape artists! They run away and are so fast and clever they cannot be caught. They would try to find there way home.

biggrin.gif

Shaw's to be (Paws to be....)

I really have had a long day, weeek, cause I thought that rhyme was funny!!

I love smart dogs like that! But wow what a worry. I bet someone on these threads has advice for you. I have only had mutts which I spoiled rotten. One in particular was a runner.....long after she went to the great kennel in the sky did I figure out she was part border collie (her appearance). She was always trying to heard up the neighborhood dogs!!!!

Maybe if you give your babies a good talking to, and threaten removeal of the beggin strips, they may behave.

Have you guys found the live web cam site from the mercury? one in the computer room and one on the bridge of the ship.

bet your excited about your wedding..

Donna

thinking of y

Shaw's to be (Paws to be....)

I really have had a long day, weeek, cause I thought that rhyme was funny!!

I love smart dogs like that! But wow what a worry. I bet someone on these threads has advice for you. I have only had mutts which I spoiled rotten. One in particular was a runner.....long after she went to the great kennel in the sky did I figure out she was part border collie (her appearance). She was always trying to heard up the neighborhood dogs!!!!

Maybe if you give your babies a good talking to, and threaten removeal of the beggin strips, they may behave.

Have you guys found the live web cam site from the mercury? one in the computer room and one on the bridge of the ship.

bet your excited about your wedding..

Donna

thinking of y

Thanks, yes we have seen the Cruise cams. Now if we only had them in this particular Boarding Kennels and we could look in on them occasionally, just to make sure they were actually still there, I would feel much better!!:eek:

Liz

Archived