Elite benefit of 'shoe polishing' didn't exist.

ExplorerCA

Just off the Diamond (3/5 - 3/12/05) and I have to make one comment about the 'shoe polishing' Elite benefit.

On the Princess website, the benefit of "your shoes will be polished upon request,- this service is complimentary" is listed. When I asked for a pair to be polished, my cabin steward later delivered an applicator bottle of black shoe polish to the room! LOL! At first, I thought he was playing a joke on me, but it turned out he wasn't.

I guess the benefit should read "your shoes will be polished - by YOU - upon request". And to make matters worse, no shoe polishing cloth was provided - just the applicator bottle! The steward said that that's the benefit provided. I'm suspecting that he was, ummm, let's just say "misleading" me.

Anyway, just thought I'd share a 'heads up' with you. Honestly, I think Princess should really STRIVE to provide the benefits that they advertise, so maybe I should stop laughing about this now... ;-)

In retrospect, I suppose I should've taken the time to address this with the Capt's Circle host. I really liked my steward, though, so I wasn't anxious to point out a deficiency if, indeed, the lack of this benefit was his fault. Next trip, though, I think I'll be more likely to be the 'squeaky wheel'.

• 2 months later...

What? No Wax?

I thought, for just a slight second, of trying this perk while on the Diamond in a suite. Thought it might be nice to have a buff-up before dinner.

Being particular about what and how leather shoes are treated, decided against taking a chance. Glad I didn't. Even if someone was willing to "polish" shoes, they'd of come back with that liquid polish "just been painted look."

IMHO That liquid stuff is only fit to shine-up the heels and sole-trim on a pair of leather shoes.

I think Princess should remove this "service" from their list of suite/elite perks before someone ruins a passenger's shoes.

Hello,

We were on the Island Princess May 21-28, and we were in a full suite. My DH shoes needed to be polished and shined up for formal night. I did not know at the time that it was to be a perk. Anyway we called up our room steward and he came and picked up the shoes and reappeared a few hours later with shinny shoes.

Anyway, maybe it has to do with room stewarts. That is what I read alot about on these boards. It is all in whom you have serving you.

Pam

Archived