Do I have enough time?

robntawn

Hello,

We have booked the following shore excursions through HAL for our Skagway port call. We are scheduled to be there from 0700-1800hrs. Someone on these boards said that transport times are already built into the shore excursions, but I am concerned that we are cutting things too close between these two...

Our first excursion is the Glacier Explorer with 2 landings. It leaves at 0745, and supposedly lasts 2 hours.

Our second excursion is the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari, and it is supposed to start at 1030.

On paper, everything looks okay, but realistically, am I going to be able to swing this? Any and all advice would be appreciated!

hello! since no one has replied to you yet, i can give you a little insight! the helicopters are right next to the docks in Skagway and they tend to keep a tight schedule because of the volume of trips they make on days that the cruise ships are in. When we went last year, the times indicated for the excursion were pretty much on the mark. Having said that, most other tours would start out right near the docking area as well so as long as you don't need to go back onto the ship and bring everything you would need (there are lockers at the helicopter building), you should be okay with the 45 minutes between the two excursions! Enjoy!

Since you are booking with HAL, their schedule usually won't allow "double booking" and times accurate. Best would be to head right to the shore excurson desk once you board and inquired directly, But BOOK these ahead.

Archived