Moving ES Deposit (less $50.00) to another previously booked cruise

ldb2

I'll apologize in advance if I don't explain this clearly:

We would love to book both the Breeze TA next Nov. 6th AND the preceding 12 day Europe cruise on Oct. 25th, however to take this much vacation time, I will need to "buy" an extra week of vacation and then have that week pre-approved by my manager in order to take a full 4+ weeks of vacation at once. I don't think that I can get approval until next January, but we would really like to book both cruises in the next few weeks in order to get our choice of Cove Balcony (same room for both legs of the B2B cruise). Our PVP checked and said we should be able to move the deposit (less the $50.00 pp cancellation fee of course) from the 12 day to the TA, which of course will already be booked, if we need to cancel the 12 day cruise before we enter the penalty phase. Clear as mud?

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience cancelling a cruise booked under the ES rate and moving the balance of their non-refundable deposit to another cruise that was already booked? Since the deposit would be $500.00 pp, we need to be very sure that we can do this is we have to cancel one of the cruises later on.

Hope this makes some sense - and thanks in advance if anyone can share any personal experience of a similar situation.

Laurie

I agree with Justyd. If your PVP will put that in writing and send via email you might have a case if the scenario you describe occurs. I would be very skeptical though. We had a b2b booked and had to cancel both legs and booked two seperate cruises to use our deposit - we were not allowed to take the second deposit and apply it to our first replacement cruise..... not exactly the same thing but you get the picture I'm sure. Fingers crossed you won't even have to worry about it!

Thanks Justsyd & Sparkscruiser!

I tried to read the fine print before phoning and it did not really answer my specific question - just talks about using it for another cruise. I am very hesitant to take the chance myself but you are right - hopefully I can get the vacation time and we won't have to worry about this scenario!

Laurie

I had the same question a while ago and emailed my PVP - and in the email she does say if I cancel my ES booked cruise I can transfer the amount (less $50) to another already booked cruise! Have not done this yet but I do hope this is correct!

If your purpose is just to save the same cabin on each, I would book the one you are not so sure of as another rate .. anything but ES .. so the deposit is not nonrefundable.

You can always switch to ES later on, as its available usually until abotu 5 months before sailing.

I agree with the above poster, that I do not think you will be allowed to move the money to a already booked cruise payment. you MIGHT be able to move it as a OBC but probably not.

Archived