RCCL Veterans -- Tipping question.

Is tipping *required*? If so, why isn't it included in the price of your cruise? If you don't do so - do they charge you anyway?

My point is - if you have bad service, and don't feel that they're worth the $70 for the week...they're only worth the $50 - is that still up to you? Do the tip police come and add it to your bill?

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying I would ever do this - but I'm curious since I've had bad service at all-inclusive resorts, and I was never *required* to tip there)

I look at it as just another part the cruise fee itself but instead of going thru a corporations hands to get to the people who deserve it , I can give it directly to them . In essence Im directly paying their salary . Everyone has off days and yes even off weeks . What if the company you work for decided you did a bad job this week and decided not to pay you for that week ? In reality this money is more pay than tip . Keep in mind this whole topic is personal opinion .

As far as why its not in the cruise price itself , I think its like car lots . Why dont they just put the REAL price on a car so we dont have to haggle ? Answer : because they just dont :rolleyes:

We just got off the 4 night Majesty of the Seas, and the 3 of us ate informal dining in the evening at the Windjammer the whole time, and we noticed ALOT more people the last evening of the cruise. I am wondering if they were avoiding tipping??? By the way, we tipped the dining staff the full amount even though we did not go to the dining room at all. I dropped the envelopes and vouchers off with the Maitre D on the last evening. And, we tipped an exemplery server in the Windjammer. I agree, that the crew depend on the tips heavily. Btw, our service everywhere was outstanding, and the crew the friendliest of all our 4 RCI cruises. This is an EXCELLENT short cruise.

Marie

Archived