Princess Tundra Tour Change Costs

Poodlesnoot

Hi...I am on a Princess Land/Cruise Tour and asked my TA to change from the Natural History Tour to the Tundra Tour. She said Princess space is all booked up but she can through the Denali Park...cost being $94 and Princess would refund the $34.99 from the tour...Is this what others have found? Should I say anything else to see about costs?

Thanks

I found some inconsistency on Denali's web site with a $10 error (and this factors in the entrance fee issue). At least last year, you could buy TWT tickets through the park concessionair (must pick up in advance ... ie. day before for morning tours and morning of for afternoon tours...these left from the visitor center) or through Denali Park Resorts (which charges a service fee, lets you pick up tickets at Princess hotel 24 hours a day, and the bus leaves directly from the Princess hotel). Not sure if it works the same way still. Ask.

Another option is to forego the tour (get your refund) and book a shuttle to Fish Creek. ... assuming enough time on your cruisetour. It goes further into the park and costs significantly less.

NO I never recommend booking the Tundra Wilderness tour, if you can get the Natural History tour refunded. Going to the SAME PLACE is the Toklat SHUTTLE for $28.50 or 10 miles farther to Fish Creek via SHUTTLE for $33.75. You must bring in all your own food and drink- frankly you have to too on the tour buses. :) THEN book this YOURSELF for your time needed. http://www.nps.gov/dena

Archived