Cab Fare Question

MarieF4861

I would like to take cabs from Kings Wharf to Horseshoe Bay. I understand that this will be $6pp. From Horseshoe Bay, I would like to go to the Swizzle Inn, South Shore for lunch. I would be returning to King's Wharf from the Swizzle Inn. Does anyone have any idea what the latter two cab trips would cost and also what the availability of cabs would be in the area of the Swizzle Inn? This would be on a Saturday. Thanks

I would like to take cabs from Kings Wharf to Horseshoe Bay. I understand that this will be $6pp. From Horseshoe Bay, I would like to go to the Swizzle Inn, South Shore for lunch. I would be returning to King's Wharf from the Swizzle Inn. Does anyone have any idea what the latter two cab trips would cost and also what the availability of cabs would be in the area of the Swizzle Inn? This would be on a Saturday. Thanks

The cost would be about $35 for a taxi from the Swizzle South Shore to Kings Wharf. I would guess from the beach to Swizzle less than $10. Don't know about taxis at Swizzle but if none happen to be there you can call the taxi company and have one dispatched.

The cost would be about $35 for a taxi from the Swizzle South Shore to Kings Wharf. I would guess from the beach to Swizzle less than $10. Don't know about taxis at Swizzle but if none happen to be there you can call the taxi company and have one dispatched.

What about if I decided to take a bus back to King's Wharf from the South Shore Swizzle Inn? Is there a bus stop near by? Approximate cost? I have only traveled the buses by means of a bus pass. Can I pay cash or do I need to purchase some kind of tickets before I leave the dockyard?

What about if I decided to take a bus back to King's Wharf from the South Shore Swizzle Inn? Is there a bus stop near by? Approximate cost? I have only traveled the buses by means of a bus pass. Can I pay cash or do I need to purchase some kind of tickets before I leave the dockyard?

I can't answer your question about the location of the bus stop, but the cash bus fare will be $4.50, exact change required in coins. You can buy bus/ferry token at Dockyard for $4.

The bus stops are nearby the South Shore Swizzle from both directions. Tell the driver you want to get off there. Individual bus rides would be 4.50 in exact change or buy tokens for 4.00 each. For your proposed itinerary a bus pass makes more sense. A one day is $12. I did it last summer but in reverse from since I was docked there with a pass and an additional stop. I went to Horseshoe Bay then to Gibbs Lighthouse. Bus from Gibbs back to South Shore Swizzle and bus from Swizzle back to Hamiltion. You can do the same on buses as I did going from Kings Wharf and back.

Archived