Just back an hour ago from Constellation 4/17 trip

espmass

I just got home about an hour ago and had to hold the unpacking until I could post this. For all of you contemplating taking the Constellation, there is not one bad thing I can say about this ship! We had a wonderful time and loved every minute aboard.

Guest THE EDS

WELCOME HOME

GOING ON THE CONSTELLATION 10/1 CABIN 8102 CAN YOU TELL ME IF IT IS A NICE CABIN

MANY THANKS

THE EDS

Welcome back! Go unpack...then tell us what you booked next!! icon_wink.gif

Glad you had a great time!

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

I didn't have time to check the other rooms so I cannot tell you (The Eds) about #8102. Sorry. I was in 7085 and it was great. I was with a group of 10 cousins and we all had different types of cabins and all were wonderful. they are roomy and decorated beautifully, and the stewards are fantastic. You will love the ship! If you have any other questions, I can try to answer but I'm not an expert.

We are already talking about what to book next. This was our fourth cruise and each time I cruise, I want another soon.

Oh darn, now it is "Back to Reality" time. Laundry & all that fun stuff.

So glad to hear great things about Connie as I have 4 months & 1 week wil I am on her for 13 nights Transatlantic.

Oh yeah, tell me what I don't need as far as toiletries...... hair dryer good for long hair????

My logo: When we disembark, I just have to book another!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jewells:

My husband and I just booked for feb/05. We are

in our mid thirtys. Ive heard there isnt a lot of young folk on board. Is this true???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hiicon_smile.gif I haven't been on the Connie or on a 2 weeker..but I think the longer the cruise the older the crowd.

Usually every sailing has different age groups...from 20's up to 80's.

February has some school holidays but I doubt there will be many "kids".

I saw your other post about comparing Carnival to Celebrity. If you are looking for a "party type" atmopshere, I don't think you will find it on a Celebrity ship. Celebrity and Carnival both offer a cruise as their product...but they are different type of productsicon_smile.gif.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

The Connie had the usual shampoo and hand cream and our room steward said she could get us just about anything else we might need. She got us a really good sewing kit for an emergency. The hair dryer was actually pretty good although I brought my travel one anyway.

There were plenty of young people on the cruise. I saw a very good variety of ages.

theaw, Do yourself a favor and take your own hairdryer, lotion, and shampoo. I was advised not to bring any and didn't on one cruise. The hairdryer leaves alot to be desired, the lotion stinks literally, and the shampoo strips the color out of your hair. If you are in a suite you will have different options. If not, you will probably remember my words. I don't care what anyone elses experinces were, these are my experiences and I learned the hard way and I would never again take a cruise without taking my favorite products which includes the lotion and shampoo.

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

That lotion is nasty. It reminded me of bug spray. I saw a post here though where someone else purchased the stuff. They have a dispenser on the shower wall with body wash and shampoo. I never tried those, but did take lotion from the dispenser once, yuk. The hair dryer is OK for me, but I have fine hair.

The Eds...check us out on the Connections Board. We're starting to gather a pretty good crowd for the Oct 1 sailing.

With Compassion for others we build...we fight for peace and freedom

espmass We were in 7085 on Constellation last summer! (Hope we kept it nice for you!!) We loved the room and the location. You just brought back happy memories.

Who was your room steward? We had a wonderful one but I can't remember her name.

I just booked an Alaska cruise on Summit next summer (2005). I hope we're as happy as we were on Constellation.

Happy sailing!

Joanie

MSIOWA- Yes, you kept the cabin perfect for us! I loved the location on the ship too. Our steward was Luna, a really terrific young lady. I don't know if she's the same one you had. The assistant was a young guy names Marco who was equally terrific.

Hey espmass! We were on the Constellation with you and were absolutely tearful about having to disembark!! To anyone contemplating her, do it. We booked the Millenium for feb. '05 and we hope that she can compare to the awesome time we had on constellation. We were in room 9085 and loved it. I guess that was right above you, we probably had a little more noise than you guys, but I always sleep like a rock on cruiseships so I wasn't bothered by it. Hallie

ESPMASS.....since you asked, I do have a few questions...... icon_smile.gif

1. Did you notice if there were many tables for two in the main dining room? That is something my husband insists on!

2. Is the buffet area set up so you can sit by a window and look out while you are eating? We were on one cruise where our backs were to the window. Since then, that is the first question my husband asks when I'm cruise-shopping. What was your opinion of the buffet?

3. Is there self-serve coffee/tea available on the lido deck 24 hours a day?

Thank you!

Debbi

Tantsee- 1. I noticed lots of tables for two in the dining room. I have never had a table for two although I think I might like to try it. My husband is outgoing and loves meeting people but I'm rather shy.

2. The buffet has lots of tables at windows and even the inner tables have a good view as the windows are pretty much ceiling to floor type. There are also windows on the floor where you can look down onto the water! Very impressive! I thought the buffet had an excellent choice of items. It took us 3 days to realize though that beyond the buffet was a separate station for waffles in the mornings and special sandwiches and salads at lunch. Be sure to walk all the way around each time before selecting your meal. There is also an ice cream bar and there is a sushi bar at 6PM. I don't eat sushi but my husband said it was wonderful.

3. There is 24 hour self serve coffee and tea in the buffet. I stopped each morning at 4:30 on my way to the gym.

Halliemc- I agree with you about being tearful when disembarking. I'd go back on the Constellation anytime. I have always liked the ships I have been on but this is the first time I understand what it means to love a ship! I was part of the group of cousins with the bright orange T shirts. Did you see us?

Archived