How much is "All Inclusive" worth to you?

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO PAY FOR "ALL INCLUSIVE" (ALCOHOL EXCEPTED)?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. HOW MUCH WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO PAY FOR "ALL INCLUSIVE" (ALCOHOL EXCEPTED)?

• $100 PER PERSON
    • $200 PP
    • $300 PP
    • I WOULD NOT PAY EXTRA, I LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS
    • I WOULD ONLY PAY FOR ALL INCLUSIVE IF IT INCLUDED ALCOHOL

I selected $100. And I think Sodas/Juice/Water should be included. I think an alcohol package should be option though, as some people just don't drink, or don't drink much.

224 days until my Grandeur cruise out of Balitmore...

I think the way it is nickel and dimeing as one famous poster includes in his signature is the best way for it to be. That way we pay for what we individually want, and I don't have to pay for all of your ice cream since apparently there is an ice cream addiction that I was unaware of going on amongst the cruising public.:D

jc

Actually JC it is a real addiction, a sugar addiction. Once you start you MUST have more in any form pasta, soda, ice cream, bread and so on. In fact until you actually kick the addiction you are not aware of it. Do you SEE how many overweight people there are in the US?:eek:

When I was in Europe a number of years ago, the sodas ice cream portions and so on were 1/3 of the size we eat. but unfortunately some countries are following in thr US's footsteps:rolleyes:

So I vote no, I do do wish to pay for anyone else's addiction whether it be a sugar one or any other type.:( There are more than enough options included. Besides where do you stop? I may want formal night pictures included, another may want the excursions and on and on you go!

AND WATER is included and most juices at meals

I will be sailing on Grandeur end of may. Haven't been on RCCL for several years (though have sailed RCCL 6 or 7 times before). My last three cruises have been on a semi- inclusive line - Radisson Seven Seas.

Does it cost more? Yes. But it's worth every penny to me for several reasons:

(1) All tips are included (though we sometimes add a little something for our cabin stewards at the end)

(2) No charge for bottled water, soda, juices, mixers, etc. EVER

(3) Cabin is stocked wtih 2 bottles of our choice of premium liquor - or beer and wine...our choice of sodas and juices/mixers and water. All except liquor replenished daily.

(4) Free wine (and/or liquor of any kind - although they don't advertise that) at dinner. And these are GOOD wines - typically costing in the low $20s if purchased at home.

But here's what that really means besides the dollar savings: never a hassle of showing a card/signing a chit, etc. (unless you do order something alcoholic)

And the way they (5* cruiselines) treat the passengers is different as well.

Example: 2 years ago we were on a 10 day NYear's Eve cruise. The ship had to skip a port because of stabilizer problems. To make up for this (though we didn't really care), they made the entire cruise open bar, they gave us each a $100 shipboard credit and they gave us each a $500 per person credit towards our next cruise.)

So, in my opinion -it's more than just money involved here. Oh - and we sailed the following year on a 2 for 1...so the costs were pretty much the same (category for category.)(Also - very, very few kids - if any)

So why sail on RCCL? Different kind of cruise. Close to home. Younger crowd. More fun. Just a different type of vacation.

Couldn't have said that better myself! There is way too much drinking going on already. I want to relax on vacation, but others have other ideas (i.e. a week of drinking). To each his own, but I don't want to be bothered by drunk people all week long.

Cruises are supposed to be all inclusive aren't they? I find it annoying that they charge fees for Johnny Rockets, the specialty restaurants, and even the Ben & Jerry's now. Honestly, especially in the case of the Ben & Jerry's, I'd rather they not have it at all if they are going to charge for it. Cruises aren't cheap and things like this are just annoying.

No, cruises are NOT all-inclusive...there's always something to pay for. As for the Ben and Jerry's and JR's, I don't find it annoying...I just have ice cream for dessert in the dining room, and there's a JR's at home, so I wouldn't bother. Not annoying at all, because then I don't have to pay for things I don't use.

All-inclusive doesn't mean drunks. I don't see people abusing it at all. People don't take 'all-inclusive' cruise to get free drinks. Think about it. If they can afford to pay for the all-inclusive lines, they can darn afford to drink as much as they want at home. They take 'all-inclusive' lines so that they don't get nickled and dimed. They want to go to the bars to socialize. They don't feel like being in a bar back home by paying for them. I've seen more far more drunks on RCL, Princess or HAL than on Silversea. In fact I don't remember ever seeing a drunk on Silversea, but plenty on Princess.

Archived