How much is "All Inclusive" worth to you?

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO PAY FOR "ALL INCLUSIVE" (ALCOHOL EXCEPTED)?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. HOW MUCH WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO PAY FOR "ALL INCLUSIVE" (ALCOHOL EXCEPTED)?

• $100 PER PERSON
    • $200 PP
    • $300 PP
    • I WOULD NOT PAY EXTRA, I LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS
    • I WOULD ONLY PAY FOR ALL INCLUSIVE IF IT INCLUDED ALCOHOL

arrow. ARe you suggesting that we should not have personal choice options?

I like the idea of having options, but I do not like having to pay for every little thing. Things like the ice cream should not be extras.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE IS THE DECEIT IN DISCLOSING EXACTLY WHAT IS/IS NOT INCLUDED. WE BOOKED OUR FIRST CRUISE (WITH RC) AND WERE TOLD REPEATEDLY THAT IT INCLUDED ALL FOOD AND DRINKS EXCEPT THE 2 SPECIALTY REST. AND SODAS/ALCOHOL, BUT..... AS I STARTED READING ON THE BOARDS WAS SEEING OTHERWISE. CALLED/SENT EMAILS ETC. COULDN'T GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER ON A LOT OF QUESTIONS I HAD. EMAILED(SEVERAL TIMES) CUSTOMER SERVICE/TALKED TO THE AGENT AT RC THAT TOOK MY BOOKING AND SHE STILL SAID ALL WAS INCLUDED. NEVER GOT A CALL OR EMAIL FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS AND WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY WERE NASTY-HARSE EXPERIENCE FOR FIRST TIMERS. I JUST THINK THERE SHOULD BE FULL DISCLOSURE-IT'S ONLY FAIR:mad:

WHAT I DON'T LIKE IS THE DECEIT IN DISCLOSING EXACTLY WHAT IS/IS NOT INCLUDED. WE BOOKED OUR FIRST CRUISE (WITH RC) AND WERE TOLD REPEATEDLY THAT IT INCLUDED ALL FOOD AND DRINKS EXCEPT THE 2 SPECIALTY REST. AND SODAS/ALCOHOL, BUT..... AS I STARTED READING ON THE BOARDS WAS SEEING OTHERWISE. CALLED/SENT EMAILS ETC. COULDN'T GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER ON A LOT OF QUESTIONS I HAD. EMAILED(SEVERAL TIMES) CUSTOMER SERVICE/TALKED TO THE AGENT AT RC THAT TOOK MY BOOKING AND SHE STILL SAID ALL WAS INCLUDED. NEVER GOT A CALL OR EMAIL FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS AND WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY WERE NASTY-HARSE EXPERIENCE FOR FIRST TIMERS. I JUST THINK THERE SHOULD BE FULL DISCLOSURE-IT'S ONLY FAIR:mad:

I have to say that when I received my initial deposit confirmation, there was a line on there indicating the anyone dining at Johnny Rockets will be charged a $3.95/person service fee. I agree though, they really should let everyone know what is and what is not included.

I am happy that most things are included, but the little things are still important.

Exclusive: NO >>babies/kids on the ship

I would pay $3,000.00 extra

For less than $3,000 you could get better food, a better cabin, better service, alcohol included, no gratuities and virtually no kids on SilverSea.

If it's really worth that much to you why in the world do you sail RCI?

Actually having been on all inclusive vacations and cruises I find about equal numbers of drunks at each destination. People that abuse things like alcohol and other amenities are around on every vacation, money will not weed them out. Poeople that are going to get drunk and act like fools are going to do it if the drinks are free or very expensive.

I agree, that if someone is going to get drunk, they will do so whether it's all inclusive or not. We've vacationed at a family friend AI for the last 2 years and I can count on 1 hand the number of times I saw someone intoxicated to the point of being disruptive. We just moved to a different area.

Folgy- I see you make comments about kids and travelling with them any chance you get- even when the thread has nothing to do with that. There are a plethora of vacation options that are adults only. But before you go, I suggest you take the $3,000 you're willing to pay for it and put it towards treatment for the unresolved issues you are facing from your childhood. I feel bad for you. Anyone who is as negative as you are and puts as much effort into spreading that must be a really sad person. God Bless.

I'm fine with the way things are. I would hate to see my cruise price rise to cover premium alcohol prices(like land based All Inclusives) since I drink very little. I would like to see juice or lemonade, fruit punch or something children like available at a station around the clock, but if I have to pay, I have to pay.

For someone saying they'd pay $3000 for a no children cruise, I wonder why they are sailing RCI and not a true premium line. We just received books from a couple of these companies.....very very few cabins that accomodate 3, and next to no connecting cabins. Might be right up your alley. :rolleyes:

I really do think a person can cruise and not end up with any charges other than gratuities....no one has to eat at Johnny Rockets, or the upscale restaurants. There is never a time you can't be fed the included meals.

As a rule, in Europe all inclusive means you get local beer and local spirits. After tasting some of these so called local drinks, I would confirm that they have indeed passed thro something local. The soda drinks are branded, but then with the profit mark up on them they can afford to supply them.

In order to get branded drinks you pay extra either for a wrist strap or a card. Without doubt the cruise companies would follow this route.

The only people who really benefit from all inclusive are large family groups with lots of children. As parents, we all know that children can eat and drink all day, all inclusive is ideal.

Why take away the topic of conversation for the vast majority of these sites being, how much wine you can carry on board [legally], the cost of de-corking, balcony sunsets[with drink legal or none-legal].

No, leave it as it is, never fancied Mexican Whisky.

My RCL book states ... Most meals are included in the price of your cruise vacation. Additional charges will apply for Specialty Restaurants.

What are they hiding?

It's not what they're hiding, its what they aren't telling you. If you want the good food, you'll have to pay extra.

As for all-inclusives, many of the all inclusive packages you can get at some resorts are vary limited, you can only eat at certain restaurants, breakfast could be only at the buffet, drinks included would be tap beer, house wine (Chateau De Cardboard), and you can only get alcohol drinks at certain bars. The european style (ala carte) is more popular because you have options. Example, at the Rennasaince in Aruba, for a 7 day package, the "all inclusive option" costs an extra $1000 / person, but is limited like written above. Not worth it! To be worthwhile it would have to be universal and totally unlimited.

Just MHO.

Top O the Day!8_9_5.gif

O Stretch :D

The mass market 5* AIs in Mexico and the Caribbean (eg. Superclubs Lido Resorts, Paradisus Resorts, Secrets Excellence Resorts etc.) do include everything from premium brand liquor, all a la carte restaurants, golf (not the cart or caddy), 24 hour room service and on and on...Once you go below this level the nitpicking starts..domestic beer and wine and cocktails, add'l charge for certain a la carte restaurants once a week, no room service and on and on...

The prices for us are as follows including air and transfers...JS on the ship.

5* AI........$2500.00-$3000.00 Cdn./week

4* or less...$1200.00-$2400.00 " "

Cruise.......$2300.00 " "

Note: the food is better on the ship than most if not all the 5*s I've been to.

I have to say that when I received my initial deposit confirmation, there was a line on there indicating the anyone dining at Johnny Rockets will be charged a $3.95/person service fee. I agree though, they really should let everyone know what is and what is not included.

I am happy that most things are included, but the little things are still important.

THAT'S ANOTHER BEEF I HAVE, THOUGH I HAVE REPEATEDLY ASKED, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A DEPOSIT CONFIRMATION FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN-IS THIS THE NORM?

I don't drink alcohol other that the occassional glass of wine. If RCCI were to include all alcoholic beverages, the cost to cover other people's drinking would not appeal to me.

This is exactly how I feel. I don't feel the need to pay for other's alcohol. Maybe if it included beer and wine, that would be different.

So if everyone pays a few hundred more to have no charge for the speciality restaurants, what happens when they can't get the reservation? I'd be pretty sure if a big splash was made saying N/C to dine anywhere, and someone couldn't get a reservation, they'd be wanting the $100 or so back! Maybe the cost keeps the reservations to a managable level.

Some ships have speciality resturants, some do not. Do some simple division. 2500 pax, Chops seats what 150? Are there 2 seatings per night?

2500 divided by 300 = 8.34 seatings. It can not be done on a 7 day cruise for ea pax to even get to go 1 Time! OK so there are 2 spec rest's, still no way to make it happen. What about ships with more pax ?? So there is no way it would be worth it to raise the cruise cost across the board to all pax.

Next theory``````````with common sense division applyed.

Wallie's right...not everyone could go to one of the specialty restaurants within a week's time. But I think the more important point is many do not really WANT to go. They don't especially enjoy the "gourmet" food served at the specialty restaurants. They'd rather have food more like they eat at home. My in-laws are definitely among this group!

Folgy- I see you make comments about kids and travelling with them any chance you get- even when the thread has nothing to do with that. There are a plethora of vacation options that are adults only. But before you go, I suggest you take the $3,000 you're willing to pay for it and put it towards treatment for the unresolved issues you are facing from your childhood. I feel bad for you. Anyone who is as negative as you are and puts as much effort into spreading that must be a really sad person. God Bless.

Amen!

I like the idea of having options, but I do not like having to pay for every little thing. Things like the ice cream should not be extras.

Ice cream is available in the dining room every night for dessert. How many times a day do you people need to eat ice cream? You can also, get it for free in the dining room for lunch if you ask nicely. Again, how many times a day do you need to eat ice cream.

I think the way it is nickel and dimeing as one famous poster includes in his signature is the best way for it to be. That way we pay for what we individually want, and I don't have to pay for all of your ice cream since apparently there is an ice cream addiction that I was unaware of going on amongst the cruising public.:D

jc

From Folgy

We've got to be Folgy's worse nightmare- A wealthy Homeschooling family who take their kids on vacation whenever and where ever we want!!:) We don't wait for no Spring Break, Summer Vacation, etc. Why pay the higher rates and deal with bigger crowds. Plus our children have always enjoyed the extra attention the get when there are fewer kids around.

Proud Mom to 6 Boys!! :eek:

From Folgy

We've got to be Folgy's worse nightmare- A wealthy Homeschooling family who take their kids on vacation whenever and where ever we want!!:) We don't wait for no Spring Break, Summer Vacation, etc. Why pay the higher rates and deal with bigger crowds. Plus our children have always enjoyed the extra attention the get when there are fewer kids around.

Proud Mom to 6 Boys!! :eek:

You go, girl!

Archived