No HMC! Carnival changes our itenerary!

birdy

I was not trying to be a smart arse. Airlines are notorious theese days for changing flight times.

Southwest is the only airline that pretty much sticks to their times.

I hope you are right and get to fly on the flights you picked.:)

I understand. :) I forgot to mention that it was Delta in the previous post. It's one of the few dependable flights from here to Atlanta, we use them and airtran pretty exclusively. I've done this flight a few times myself.

This sucks. The same thing happened to us for our Liberty cruise in Dec. of this year except there were no changes, they just dropped it completely and reduced it to 3 stops instead of 4.

It was the one port I was excited about going to because I've been to all of the others. oh well, maybe next cruise!

Why is that so amazing? I book airfare as far out as I can.......when they release the flights 9 mos out.....by waiting, especially these days, the prices have more than doubled and the non-stop flight back home is just about sold out. What is the advantage to waiting?

MTE

Especially if the OP happens to be flying Presidents week.

I always book my tickets as soon as I see a decent price.

Except that Carnival OWNS Holland America Line ... so something tells me that a Carnival ship would get priority in a situation like this !

Not sure why you would think this. CCL Corp owns HAL as a subsidiary, but it's still run indepedent of CCL. No reason to think CCL would trump HAL on a itin stop.

I agree it is unfortunate that your itinerary got changed, but make the best out of it! Do some research on freeport and figure out some fun things you can get into. Go into it with a positive attitude. Have fun!! You're still going on a cruise!!! :)

Well at least you know in advance and can plan accordingly? Many times (such as on my last cruise) HMC is 'cancelled' due to problems tendering so ends up as a day at sea! I was so looking forward to that gorgeous beach! (and hope to make it there in January on the Liberty - assuming the weather cooperates and we are not 'bumped' by some other ship? :) )

We have friends with a home on Freeport. It is beautiful there. You will enjoy it! Just make the best of it.

It is beautiful! Some of the prettiest beaches in the Caribbean. Some people can't get pass the piers at some ports. I wonder why they even get off the ship.

Been to Freeport twice.

Once was plenty.

Did Freeport on our first cruise. Took a tour and after about 10 minutes of seeing slums fell asleep.

In spite of this still love to cruise with no plans to go back to Freeport.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I picked a pretty standard business flight from CMH to ATL on a weekday so odds are they won't change it. My company does a lot of business between the two cities and uses this flight all of the time. I'm not so worried about the flight times going home.

I'm rooting for you that your flight doesn't change but Delta is known for changing flight times. I avoid them whenever possible as I have had them change my flights many times as well as many of my friend's. I hope your's stays the same.

pat

Did Freeport on our first cruise. Took a tour and after about 10 minutes of seeing slums fell asleep.

In spite of this still love to cruise with no plans to go back to Freeport.

Why would you take a tour of the slums:confused: Sounds like you got ripped

Thanks for all your posts. Was hopeing that someone had it changed, then changed back but we will make the best of it. I have already started research on Freeport. We're looking for a beach day. Looks like a taxi to the beaches. Cruising is still better than work!!!

Archived