immunization needed ???

Another thing to think about is that some countires require people to have vaccinations because there may be aboriginal or native populations in those countires with low rates of vaccination that are vulnerable. So some countries require different things in order to protect those populations. Vaccination programs and reccomendations are often times more about the public health risk to the entire population than to the actual risk to any individual.

I was immunized for Hep A and Typhoid. I was up to date with Hep B, tetanus, polo and whooping cough.

My doctor concerns were not about indigenous people but more about if on a beach etc barefoot, more likely to step on something nasty, hopefully not to many needles lying around.

Also if we eat at roulettes, local restaurants etc risk goes up.:eek:

Don't want anything slowing me down for my next holiday!!!

I

My doctor concerns were not about indigenous people but more about if on a beach etc barefoot, more likely to step on something nasty, hopefully not to many needles lying around.

Which is why you should take reef shoes (water shoes) and wear them when you swim.

Which is why you should take reef shoes (water shoes) and wear them when you swim.

I have them but it's the sand that's the concern, when people have left things they shouldn't have on the beach.

Hopefully not a concern though occasionally it has been on our beaches but I have now had the needle pricks in my arms as insurance on the ones I may get on my feet:eek:

Archived