Dawn Princess World Cruise - Roll Call July 17, 2011

neilrr

Hello Everyone:

My Partner and I just booked the London to Ft. Lauderdale segment of the Princess Dawn World cruise. I did not see any other thread for this trip. We would like to know if other "family" members are sailing on this cruise.

It was such a great deal that we even added 3 nights pre-cruise in London.

We hope others may join us.:)

We just booked 3 days ago. Looking forward to a fun trip. We also are spending three days in London before boarding the ship in Dover. Partner and I live in Ft. Lauderdale.

Swizzle76 - Nice to meet you. This is my first time to London and the other ports as well. We have also done cruises to other parts of Europe.

Did you check out the regular Roll Call for the Dawn? I introduced myself there and the people seem very nice. We started from the last page and worked backwards, as that thread has been active for 2 years with people getting on and off along the way.

We live up in Boynton Beach. We are flying out of Miami. Where are you flying out of? We are still working on the transportation from Heathrow to London and London to Dover... I think we are going to use "National Express,"

as they are quite reasonable as Dover is 55 miles from London.

Look forward to meeting you both. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.:)

Looking forward to meeting you too. London is one of our favorite cities and we have been there many times. Enjoy the theater very much. Have also been to the other ports of call. You can get on the underground at Heathrow and go directly to Victoria Station or beyond on the Picadilly Line. That is what we do. We are staying at the Hesperia Victoria Station Hotel, directly next to the underground.

We are checking out National Rail and National Express to Dover. Any quesitons? Do not hesitate to let us know.

Tom and Ken (recently retired)

Looking forward to meeting you too. London is one of our favorite cities and we have been there many times. Enjoy the theater very much. Have also been to the other ports of call. You can get on the underground at Heathrow and go directly to Victoria Station or beyond on the Picadilly Line. That is what we do. We are staying at the Hesperia Victoria Station Hotel, directly next to the underground.

We are checking out National Rail and National Express to Dover. Any quesitons? Do not hesitate to let us know.

Tom and Ken (recently retired)

swizzle76 - Tom and Ken - Congratulations on your retirement...

Thank you very much for the offer on questions. If we have any, we will definitely ask.

We just bought the guidebook (I believe it is the DK pocket size book) with the maps of the city and subway. Coming from NY originally, I am really comfortable on the subway and a big city. We have used these guide books in the past and they are quite good.

We also enjoy the theater - Jerry is looking into tickets in the West End.

We might take National Express into London, as it is fairly reasonable and we are also in the process of setting up for the National Express bus to the ship in Dover. They have a senior rate that Jerry can get -- I still don't qualify...:D Jerry retired early and I am still teaching... With all that is happening in education, I am ready to retire too... Just a few more years.... if I can hold on...

We are staying at a hotel a short distance from Victoria station - I can't remember the name -- Jerry booked it. The National Express picks up at Victoria Station to go to Dover. There is a bus at 10:30AM and arrives around 12:30PM.. We are looking into that one... You will quickly recognize us -- we will be carrying the "kitchen sink.."

Take care and have a great week...:)

We booked the National Express bus at 11:30 from Victoria Station. Then we just take a taxi from the Dover bus stop to the cruise terminal. We are staying at the Hesperia Victoria Station, just across the street from Victoria Station; we have stayed there before. A nice hotel and very convenient for tubes and rail and bus service.

You will love London theatre. Try to get tickets for Priscilla--we have seen it twice there and maybe this time too. Billy Elliot is also across from the Victoria Station and excellent!

Whatever your taste in theater, there is something for everyone in this great city.

We just take the underground from Heathrow to city center; very efficient and quick for us.

Looking forward to our trip and to meeting you guys.

We booked the National Express bus at 11:30 from Victoria Station. Then we just take a taxi from the Dover bus stop to the cruise terminal. We are staying at the Hesperia Victoria Station, just across the street from Victoria Station; we have stayed there before. A nice hotel and very convenient for tubes and rail and bus service.

You will love London theatre. Try to get tickets for Priscilla--we have seen it twice there and maybe this time too. Billy Elliot is also across from the Victoria Station and excellent!

Whatever your taste in theater, there is something for everyone in this great city.

We just take the underground from Heathrow to city center; very efficient and quick for us.

Looking forward to our trip and to meeting you guys.

swizzle76 - Tom & Ken - We put in for the National Express Bus @ 10:30 AM to Dover and will also take a cab from the terminal to the ship. It was quite expensive if you use other types of transportation. I believe we are staying at La Reserve by the Fulham/Broadway station.

We were just talking about trying to get tickets for Priscilla. We saw Billy Elliot last summer in NY and enjoyed it. Did you have a chance to see Jersey Boys here in FL -- we really want to see that again next season here in FL -- it was great. We also go to the theatre in Coral Springs every now and then.

We have this week and next week to wrap-up in school. Did you take a look at the regular "Roll Call" for this trip? It is small but the people seem very nice. We are going to attend a sail away party with the group. I believe someone is a actually setting up a Meet and Greet from the ship.

Anyway back to the kiddies... Speak to you soon...:)

• 2 weeks later...

We go to lots of theater. Looking at Priscilla again for the third time while in London because it is so fun! Also, checking out Wizard of Oz. We realized when looking at the offerings that we have seen most of the shows in London....and will continue to enjoy the shows.

You must be very relieved to have the summer off now! Enjoy

We go to lots of theater. Looking at Priscilla again for the third time while in London because it is so fun! Also, checking out Wizard of Oz. We realized when looking at the offerings that we have seen most of the shows in London....and will continue to enjoy the shows.

You must be very relieved to have the summer off now! Enjoy

Swizzle76 - Tom and Ken - Good to hear from you. Yes, we are both happy to be home and relaxing. We were pretty worn out from the year.

We can't believe the district laid-off/fired 1,400 teachers and surplused 900 others - should be an interesting start to school next year...

Have you checked out the regular roll call for the trip? Some interesting developments with the engine problem and possible itinerary

changes.

Look forward to meeting you both. If not at the sailaway party, than at the Martini Bar :) - our usual spot before dinner.

Take care --

• 3 weeks later...
And we look forward to meeting both of you! It won't be much longer....

Ken and Tom

Swizzle76 - Ken & Tom - Not much longer... - We have 9 days until we leave. We are glad they are fixing the engine in Barcelona -- before Dover. It gives them a chance to test it out before hitting the Atlantic.

Hope you are both doing well. We have been enjoying our time off from school. We hope you will be coming to the "Sail Away" at the Riviera Pool Bar at 5:00PM on Sunday - so we can meet you in person.

We have late seating for dinner, so we are usually at the Martini Bar before dinner.:)

Take care...

Archived