Taxi or hotel shuttle in Baltimore??

Boozebabe

I know this should be a no brainer but I'm not sure the "best" way to the ship. We are staying the night before our cruise at Sleep Inn on Belle Grove Rd. They have shuttle service to the ship but I've heard it might be better to just get a cab on our own. Any thoughts? And any idea how much cab fare would be?

You're probably around $30 from the hotel to the port (I'm pretty sure it's $30 flat fee from the airport, so you're in that ballpark). The problem with hotel shuttles is they only carry 8-10 people at a time, and if a hotel is popular enough amongst cruisers, you end up having to wait for it to make another trip. Some hotels do a sign-up for the shuttle, while others just go first come first served. I might call them and ask what their procedure is.

If this was me I would call the hotel and ask if many people use the van to get to the cruise ship and how busy it is. If not, the van might be a good option. If it is quite crowded, then I might go with the taxi.

You can also find out when you talk with them if you need to sign up for the van in advance. Also find out the hours of the van because maybe going a little earlier than others would work.

Keith

We stayed at this Sleep In last year and it is very nice, the van driver runs back and forth on cruise day so do not fear getting getting there and getting picked up if your using there stay and park package from stay123.com

It was less than $100 for the room and up to 14 days of parking.

I am glad to hear from bigcraig that the hotel is nice. We are usually more concerrned with the neighborhood safety for a one night stay than luxury etc.

I think I'll just wait til we get there on Saturday. If theres a sign up list I'll see where we are on it then make a decision about taxi oir shuttle.

Our next dilemma is whether to visit Chaps Pit Beef on Pulaski Highway or go for seafood at the Inner Harbor area.......any ideas??

Either ship your on, Pride or Enchantment you will have plenty of seafood, we went down to the inner harbor and parking is scarce and expensive and the decent seafood places were near $100 per person, Dunkin Donuts bagel was good for one night before the foodfest onboard.

Our July cruise will be the 3rd time that we've gone out of Baltimore and used the Sleep Inn. We drive in from Ohio the day before the cruise and use their shuttle to and from the ship....never a problem!

Those of you in Ohio...Cleveland and Milford....we live in Green, halfway between Akron and Canton. I grew up in Cleveland. Are you west side or east side of town?

I am in the Cincinnati area. On the east side just outside I-275

There has been some promos flying out of CVG, which is good for us. Debating what we want to do, fly or drive. Does Sleep Inn have shuttle to and from airport?

When are you cruising? We are driving to Baltimore this Saturday. We haven't been on a road trip for a loooong time. We travel with our best friends and figured Baltimore is close enough to make it in one day. More than 12 hour drive and we fly.

Any GOOD rate out of CVG is rare.

We are cruising Oct. 2-9. The rate now is $219 pp. I am trying to figure out how much time to plan on when departing off the ship, Carnival's Pride at Baltimore and not finding the info. We are at port at 9:00 am. What would be the earliest flight out be?

You're a youngster compared to me! Did you attend the JMH open house last month. I was one of the alumni association volunteers directing people throughout the building. If you check the spring newsletter, I'm the one in charge of our 46th reunion (we do them annually) on August 13 at Michauds.

Archived