Has anyone used US Bank Flex Perks Rewards?

Hi everyone,

I have enough US Bank Flex Perks points to redeem for a $100 Royal Caribbean Gift Certificate. I am wondering if that gift certificate can be used for OBC, or if it is only good as payment towards a booking. The US Bank website doesn't list any specificate information as to what the gift certificate can be redeemed for, and I don't know whether I should call US Bank or RCCL to get my question answered.

Thanks,

Jean

I have not used US Bank but have used the ones from Citibank. Those can only be used for payment. You also need to book criuse directly with RC. After you make your reservation you mail certificates to RC.

This post made me look and see what Chase's reward terms were for the RCI certificate as I was planning on cashing in some if those points for an OBC. (we use Chase Ink for our business but the RCI visa for personal use :D)

Anyway here are the Chase terms which are probably similar to Citibank and US bank:

The certificate can be used only for Royal Caribbean International® services in accordance with terms and conditions outlined below.

Certificates must be redeemed directly through Royal Caribbean International for the U.S. dollar value as outlined on the face of the certificate. Certificates can be used in multiples and can be used to supplement cash payment or credit card.

1. Travel agents, agencies or any other travel intermediary service cannot be used in conjunction with this certificate.

2. Deposit required at time of booking. Upon receipt of certificate any overpayment of booking will be refunded up to the amount of the required deposit applied.

3. All reservations are subject to availability. This certificate is valid for all ships, departures and stateroom categories.

4. To make reservations call Royal Caribbean International at 888-561-2232 hours 10 a.m. - 12 a.m.EST 7 days a week

5. Please reference that you are using a AFF804 certificate when making your reservation.

6. Upon making your reservation certificates must be forwarded to:

EXPRESS MAIL:

Royal Caribbean International

Attn: Accounting Department

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, Florida 33132

7. Normal schedules for deposit and final payments apply.

8. Once a reservation has been made with a certificate normal cancellation policies apply. This certificate will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.

9. This certificate is non-refundable and non-transferable.

10. Certificates cannot be applied to existing reservations and can only be used toward a new cruise booking.

11. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit, excursions, or gratuities.

12. Optional trip insurance is available and recommended.

13. Tax liability is the responsibility of the certificate user.

14. Certificates are in US dollars and not redeemable for cash. No refund will be given if certificates value exceeds the total value of the cruise vacation.

Edited by Babyberger

• 4 years later...
This post made me look and see what Chase's reward terms were for the RCI certificate as I was planning on cashing in some if those points for an OBC. (we use Chase Ink for our business but the RCI visa for personal use :D)

Anyway here are the Chase terms which are probably similar to Citibank and US bank:

The certificate can be used only for Royal Caribbean International® services in accordance with terms and conditions outlined below.

Certificates must be redeemed directly through Royal Caribbean International for the U.S. dollar value as outlined on the face of the certificate. Certificates can be used in multiples and can be used to supplement cash payment or credit card.

1. Travel agents, agencies or any other travel intermediary service cannot be used in conjunction with this certificate.

2. Deposit required at time of booking. Upon receipt of certificate any overpayment of booking will be refunded up to the amount of the required deposit applied.

3. All reservations are subject to availability. This certificate is valid for all ships, departures and stateroom categories.

4. To make reservations call Royal Caribbean International at 888-561-2232 hours 10 a.m. - 12 a.m.EST 7 days a week

5. Please reference that you are using a AFF804 certificate when making your reservation.

6. Upon making your reservation certificates must be forwarded to:

EXPRESS MAIL:

Royal Caribbean International

Attn: Accounting Department

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, Florida 33132

7. Normal schedules for deposit and final payments apply.

8. Once a reservation has been made with a certificate normal cancellation policies apply. This certificate will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.

9. This certificate is non-refundable and non-transferable.

10. Certificates cannot be applied to existing reservations and can only be used toward a new cruise booking.

11. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit, excursions, or gratuities.

12. Optional trip insurance is available and recommended.

13. Tax liability is the responsibility of the certificate user.

14. Certificates are in US dollars and not redeemable for cash. No refund will be given if certificates value exceeds the total value of the cruise vacation.

My certificate from Citi Bank says the same thing. Called the number on the certificate for a new booking and they have no idea how to handle this certificate. Has anyone used one of these?