Extra Room Keys?

cooncat_mom

I tried doing a search on this, but wasn't able to find the right combination of words to get the answer. We're cruising in a suite and have family in insides. Can they have key-only cards for the suite & does anyone know how many they'll allow (was hoping for 3)? No one's looking for perks (and I would make sure the butler is aware) -they're just looking for a balcony!

On the Epic we were able to get extra keys at the beginning. Since I'm under 21, my dad and I were booked in a balcony and my mom in the studio, but the studio would be my room. As soon as we got on board we were able to get me a key for my room. They just give you a blank card as it can only be used as a room key. They had no problem doing it after we explained it to them.

I'm not sure if there is a limit on extra room keys, but there is no limit on the replacement of Sail and Sign cards. My friend lost 3 cards and each time they replaced it. I'm sure room keys would be the same.

Also, this is a completely free service for everyone.

I have been in your same situation on an Alaskian cruise. My DH and I were in an Owner's Suite with my parents in the ajoining penthouse suite. Our four children were in two inside cabin just across the hall.

After boarding we went down to the reception desk and had no problem having keys made to our suite for all four of our children. We also did not plan on having them join us in any perks. Our butler knowing of our situation would bring us extra treats. He also insisted that he would serve breakfast to all of us in the suite.

We were on the Star which is a ship without the Courtyard Area perks. If you are on a ship with a Courtyard, I don't know if under that situation they will give you a key since your key also sends the elevator up to deck 14 and the Courtyard.

Thanks for the replies! This will be our first NCL so I wasn't sure what their rules were. Normally, DD & I get a suite and DS's & DIL get inside cabins so we have a balcony, "livingroom" (we like to hang out together!) and private bedrooms. This time, DH (He gets to come sometimes :D) & I got a deck 10 aft on the Dawn, and want them to be able to come & go as they please. Usually sail CCL or RCL and basically get suites for the room & balcony size...although, the coffeemaker might be nice! (Wish it wasn't quite so fancy so I could bring Dunkins though...:o)

Archived