Carnival pins?

mared1

• 2 weeks later...

I should have read some of these posts BEFORE. I bought a pin from ebay from cruisetrend. I had emailed him and asked if these were the same size as the genuine pins. He claimed they were....they are NOT! The pin I bought is larger than all the pins I have received on my cruises. He said he would refund me, but I haven't asked for one yet. I emailed Carnival to see whether they even issued a pin for Magic and the name of the ebay seller.

Just found this thread and have spent the last 2 days reading all of the posts! Love it!

As I am not Platinum yet, I have never recieved these pins, but am now starting my collection. Have gotten a few from ebay, but am still looking for FANTASY and VALOR.

None to trade yet, but willing to pay whatever if anyone can help.:)

Thanks,

Ken

My wife and I are just off of the Splendor (16 Oct '11) and I thought some collectors would be interested in what we were given. First the Whale Tail pins had CARNIVAL SPLENDOR on them and were the same. What was different was the way they were packaged. One pin came on card stock with no cellophane wrapping and very muted printing on the card welcoming us back. The second was in a small (1x11/2 inch) cellophane bag with no card backing--had never seen this version before. We cruise 4-6 times per year and have never seen the CARNIVAL PLATINUM pins which at least for a while replaced pins with ship names on them.

The alternative pins were available in the gift shop. I didn't care for them as they were not nearly as well done as those given to us in our cabin.

Bought a pin on ebay and even though it did NOT say "genuine", it did say:

This item is a souvenir pin from Carnival Cruise Lines Fun Ship Pride. These pins are given to platinum past guests of Carnival and cannot be purchased from Carnival. New. Mint condition. Also, included is a U.S.flag pin.

Carnival is no longer giving past guest pins to all past guests, only to platinum guests who have sailed with them ten times or more so these pins will certainly be more valuable to collectors.

It came in a little plastic bag and had a paper inside that said, "Made in China". I think it must be one of the fakes. It wasn't on a card, but lots of people use their for awhile, lose the card and then sell it. Since the seller said it was "NEW" and a "Sounvenir pin from Carnival", I think they pulled a fast one. Once burned....................

Seller was joyfulmt:(

Never again.

Hey there pin friend.

I think that it has been mentioned that the pins given to Plats on some ships come in the cello bag without a card so your new one is probably ok. Does it look like you others. I heard the FAKES are plastic with a shinny back. Genuine are metal with textured back.

I am STILL looking to trade or buy one of the Carnival Platnum NO ships name pins.

Someone has got to have one they do not want???

Hey there pin friend.

I think that it has been mentioned that the pins given to Plats on some ships come in the cello bag without a card so your new one is probably ok. Does it look like you others. I heard the FAKES are plastic with a shinny back. Genuine are metal with textured back.

I am STILL looking to trade or buy one of the Carnival Platnum NO ships name pins.

Someone has got to have one they do not want???

They are metal with a textured back. I feel a lot better now, you having said that. They certainly are NOT plastic. Thanks for the heads-up!

I am still looking for a "PLatinum" cruise pin for you, too.

2wallace

Really can't tell if a Carnival one or not. But they did or still do sell

this kind of pin in the gift shops. You can tell it is a Carnival ship

because of the whale tail smoke stack and each has the ships name on it.

I have a few of them.

The one you have does not have a ship name on it. It may be a older

pin that was sold in the gift shops. Maybe some one else can help you.

JR

I was 1 year old when you took that cruise :D LOL.

On another note I talked to a rep at CCL headquarters this morning and she told me that CCL is no longer making past guest pins to be given away on the cruise ships and that the only pins that will be available are the ones for purchase in the gift shops. Hope she was mistaken!! :eek:

How much are the pins in the gift shop? Are they the same as the old past guest pins?