Splendor pool question

Ashera0

For those of you that have cruised Splendor with kids, I read that there is a wading pool but it is in Camp Carnival? Is this true? I can't find it anywhere on the deck map. We are traveling with a 5-year old just learning to swim and a baby that is still in diapers. I know the baby is not allowed in any pools, but was hoping for a kids pool for the 5-year old. If anyone has experience with the slide I'd be curious also. My son is just over the height requirement of 42 inches but he can't swim on his own yet so he WON'T be going down the slide. Just curious how old other kids were when they used the slide....something for him to look forward to for a future trip. :-) any tips re. Kids and Splendor appreciated.:)

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Splendor, but many times the kid's slides do not end up in the pool - they end up in a longish flat stretch, that kids just step out of. Very safe.

Now that I think of it, I've never seen a cruise ship slide end up in a pool. Pools are just too small to devote space to a "landing zone".

Now that I think of it, I've never seen a cruise ship slide end up in a pool. Pools are just too small to devote space to a "landing zone".

Paradise's slide ends in the pool.

OP - you can take your kid up to the waterworks zone.

All of the slides on the original 9 Fantasy class ships were built with slides that end in the pool. Here is the one from earlier this month on elation.

If you cant see that it ends in the pool, Ill look for my Ecstasy pictures, as I think I have a better picture, pre upgrade.

Picture109.jpg

For those of you that have cruised Splendor with kids, I read that there is a wading pool but it is in Camp Carnival? Is this true? I can't find it anywhere on the deck map. We are traveling with a 5-year old just learning to swim and a baby that is still in diapers. I know the baby is not allowed in any pools, but was hoping for a kids pool for the 5-year old. If anyone has experience with the slide I'd be curious also. My son is just over the height requirement of 42 inches but he can't swim on his own yet so he WON'T be going down the slide. Just curious how old other kids were when they used the slide....something for him to look forward to for a future trip. :-) any tips re. Kids and Splendor appreciated.:)

Hello,

Just got off the Splendor, we didn't have any kids with us but I have a 4 year old so I checked out the kiddies pool. It's perfect for a 5 year old, its more like a little spraying water park and there are lots of seats around for you to watch your kids or join in. The slide also does not end in a pool, it ends in a long open chute. Hope that information helps. I think I can find a picture of the kids pool for ya and post it here.

Here a link that has a great pic of the spray park for kids.

http://www.mycruisesearcher.com/sites/all/img/carnival/splendor/photos/carnival-splendour-splash-park-3_600.jpg

Archived