Dining dilemma in Baltimore.!!!....HELP

Boozebabe

We are cruising out of Baltimore next week. We love to visit restaurants featured on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. Our dilemma is do we visit "Chaps Pit Beef" on Pulaski Highway or go for seafood at Inner Harbor area?

Help or recommendations PLEASE. So far we have loved all the DDD places we've been to. But we love seafood too. What to do, what to do?? We are only in Baltimore one evening before our cruise.

I would skip seafood on the inner harbor...you'll be paying a high price for mediocre tourist food.....you're paying for the 'view'

there are a few places for good seafood/crabs that are mentioned here...but i am having brain spasms and cant recall them...perhaps a local will pop on with info...

will you have a car??? and where are you staying??? that way people will know where to send you...

if it's crabcakes you like, this one is one of my favorites...the crabcakes are packed with crab and are nice size....(and i'd never had one before...i got 1 crabcake and the little filet mignon....as a confirmed meatatarian, imagine my surprise when i ate the crabcake and left part of the steak!)

this place is actually pretty close to the airport..

http://www.gandmcrabcakes.com/

I would skip seafood on the inner harbor...you'll be paying a high price for mediocre tourist food.....you're paying for the 'view'

there are a few places for good seafood/crabs that are mentioned here...but i am having brain spasms and cant recall them...perhaps a local will pop on with info...

will you have a car??? and where are you staying??? that way people will know where to send you...

if it's crabcakes you like, this one is one of my favorites...the crabcakes are packed with crab and are nice size....(and i'd never had one before...i got 1 crabcake and the little filet mignon....as a confirmed meatatarian, imagine my surprise when i ate the crabcake and left part of the steak!)

this place is actually pretty close to the airport..

http://www.gandmcrabcakes.com/

We ar staying at Sleep Inn on Belle Grove Rd and will have our own car. Crab cakes sound sooooo good.

It looks like G&M isn't too far from where we are staying. HMMMM Maybe we can take some home with us.

if that's out near the a/p then you're only eh, 5-10 minutes (if that) away from G&M......their prices aren't bad either...i've paid way more than that for a single crabcake.......they are very filling and rich......but yummiola

if that's out near the a/p then you're only eh, 5-10 minutes (if that) away from G&M......their prices aren't bad either...i've paid way more than that for a single crabcake.......they are very filling and rich......but yummiola

I did a Mapquest and it is only 2 miles from our hotel. The decision is made. It's giant crabcakes for me on Sat. night. Any idea how crowded they are on Saturdays?

We are cruising out of Baltimore next week. We love to visit restaurants featured on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. Our dilemma is do we visit "Chaps Pit Beef" on Pulaski Highway or go for seafood at Inner Harbor area?

Help or recommendations PLEASE. So far we have loved all the DDD places we've been to. But we love seafood too. What to do, what to do?? We are only in Baltimore one evening before our cruise.

One thing not mentioned about Chaps Pit Beef it's located right in front of a gentleman's club which is right across the street from an adult bookstore.

Baltimore Inner Harbor is a couple of blocks walk from Baltimore's Little Italy

I just walk the neighborhood and peruse menus and smells until one grabs me ... have only been disappointed once, when I went to the BIG fancy place with lots of lights . . .

On one of our cruises, they said that they had Maryland crabcakes. Even though I am a transplant to Maryland, I knew that they were not true Maryland crabcakes when they brought them to me.

I did a Mapquest and it is only 2 miles from our hotel. The decision is made. It's giant crabcakes for me on Sat. night. Any idea how crowded they are on Saturdays?

probably very but it's a decent sized place and IIRC moved along pretty quickly...we actually went on mothers day i think and it wasn't horrible...i think we may have waited 20 minutes....

Another vote here for G&M. Even though I usually don't have a big meal before a cruise - a visit to G&M is a must for me. The Sleep Inn is close, and the front desk will have the directions.

I usually opt for the broiled seafood platter - it has a crabcake, and the included broiled oyster actually has about another half crabcake on top, its great!

G&M is a popular place, Saturdays can be crowded but I have heard the wait is not bad. The one thing I have heard about is parking, you need to be careful where you park. G&M's parking lot fills fast and there are other businesses near it that do not allow you to use their lots. Those businesses will have your car towed if you park in their lot to go to G&M, towing signs are posted so just be aware of where you park. Enjoy your crabcakes!

If G+M is crowded, and it will be on a Saturday night, try the Olive Grove. This restaurant also has excellent crab cakes [some like them better than G+M]. They are only a block away from G+M. http://www.olivegroverestaurant.com/

Also, and not a long distance from BWI, is Timbuktu. You won't be able to finish their portions! It is off Route 100 at Coca Cola Drive south of BWI.

http://timbukturestaurant.com/

G&M is a popular place, Saturdays can be crowded but I have heard the wait is not bad. The one thing I have heard about is parking, you need to be careful where you park. G&M's parking lot fills fast and there are other businesses near it that do not allow you to use their lots. Those businesses will have your car towed if you park in their lot to go to G&M, towing signs are posted so just be aware of where you park. Enjoy your crabcakes!

Someone on this board had that happened just can't find the thread.

OK so you've convinced me....it's crab cakes. But now where? I sent all 3 sites to our traveling companions. Maybe between the 4 of us we can decide. I'm sure a meal of seafood will be agreat start to a great vacation. For me the cruise doesn't start when I get on the ship. It starts when I close the front door behind me.

Thanks to everyone for helping. When we get home I'll let ya know which place we chose. I'm sure any crab cake on the ship will be disappointing after a "real" Maryland crabcake.

Archived