Question about the Tendering Process

We are doing a Western Itinerary on the Liberty in August.

One of our stops is Grand Cayman, which is a tender port.

We are currently trying to decide whether to book an excursion through Carnival or an Independent Tour Operator.

I was leaning towards the independent when I remember that when we were at HMC last year, anyone who booked a shore excursion with Carnival got priority for tendering.

I was wondering if this is the same in Grand Cayman.

The excursion we are thinking of is the one that goes to Boatswain's Beach (Carnival calls it Turtles, Turtles, Turtles)

Even though the cost is a bit higher through Carnival, if it gets us priority tendering it may be worth it.

Thank you.

Tendering in Grand Cayman was very easy and painless :) The only time we've ever booked directly through Carnival to avoid a longer tender was in Belize. The tenders in Grand Cayman are the larger ones and they run constantly between the ship and the (usual) short ride over to the dock.

We are currently trying to decide whether to book an excursion through Carnival or an Independent Tour Operator.

I was leaning towards the independent when I remember that when we were at HMC last year, anyone who booked a shore excursion with Carnival got priority for tendering.

The excursion we are thinking of is the one that goes to Boatswain's Beach (Carnival calls it Turtles, Turtles, Turtles)

Even though the cost is a bit higher through Carnival, if it gets us priority tendering it may be worth it.

Thank you.

Yep... that's the case. Folks booked with Carnival get the earliest tenders (supposedly along with Platinum guests :rolleyes:) but if you have an early excursion not booked with Carnival just let one of the folks know and they'll get you off pretty fast.

Most likely, you'll gather in the forward lounge to be issued tender tickets. Just grab a Carnival person and let 'em know that you need to be off the ship early... easy peasy...

:)

Yep... that's the case. Folks booked with Carnival get the earliest tenders (supposedly along with Platinum guests :rolleyes:) but if you have an early excursion not booked with Carnival just let one of the folks know and they'll get you off pretty fast.

Most likely, you'll gather in the forward lounge to be issued tender tickets. Just grab a Carnival person and let 'em know that you need to be off the ship early... easy peasy...

:)

Thank you

Do not pay ahead of time for the private excursion. Remember August is hurricane season. We missed it last year, first week of Sept. One of the Crazies said she has missed it 3 times in a row.

Remember not to be wedded to your ports during hurricane season.

Thank you.

I thought all excursions on HMC were through Carnival? You are correct though. Carnival excursions take precedence. Host Mach and firefly333 also have some good advice. Have a great time on your cruise.

Yes excursions booked through Carnival get priority, or us Platinum people get off first, excursion or not. I would also wait until you get off the boat to book an independent excursion. If booked through Carnival, if the port is closed due do inclement weather or rough seas and you miss the port, Carnival will automatically refund your excursion amount and give back about $20 per person for missing a scheduled stop.

we are just back off the glory. suggest that you get to the assigned area for tenders AS EARLY AS YOU CAN, and be one of the first groups off. We were group 9, and just made our connection. Another group booked on our tour were in group 11 (not far behind our #) and had to be brought in a back-up vehicle to join the tour.

Archived