How Much Time in Seward

seychelles

We are on a northbound Summit tour from Vancouver to Seward and then a 4 night landtour post-cruise.

My question is when we arrive in Seward at 7 AM, how much time do we have before we begin the land portion of the tour which goes on to stay in Anchorage that evening.

We have booked a CC cabin, but I don't know if that gets us off the ship any faster. How long does it normally take to disembark?

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who's done this and can clue me in!:)

Do you know what mode of transportation your taking to Anc? Train?Bus? You will/should get an itinerary.As a general rule..the Grandview train leaves 1st@7am or so,then the motorcoach buses and then independents.Some shuttle over to the small boat harbor and pick up buses that leave at 10:30 am.I'm guessing since your doing a land tour through the ship that you will be herded onto a waiting bus around 8am and whisked away.:( There will be 2 ships in that day so it might take a little longer.

I haven't received my itinerary yet, but I believe we are taking a bus from Seward to Anchorage.

I'm sad to hear that we won't have time to do anything in Seward since it seems there's lots to see there.:(

Thanks for the info!:)

You most likely won't see Seward at all. The large majority of those who embark and disembark in Seward do not see Seward at all. It is only those who make their own private arragements for land who get to see Seward and that is probably a percentage in the single digits.

Sounds to me a perfect reason to plan another cruise to Alaska! We too won't be able to spend time in Seward, but there will be a next time!:) I mentioned this to my husband and he said: "That's right, we have to go back to get our money's worth out of all the warm clothes we've bought for this trip!" I like the way he thinks!

Sharon

As above- most always, no time at all and indeed a BIG missed opportunity. IF touring WAS included in Seward, it would certainly state so on the routing. Way to many people just pass through. :( Do plan on coming back, it is just an absolute excellent adventure with superb activities available.

Archived