Tenders at Grand Cayman

nmsk5

I much prefer when a ship docks, rather than tenders. In Grand Cayman, it is a quick process, but still not easy to run back to the ship to drop off gear and such, to continue shopping or sight-seeing unencumbered.

They do a good job of tendering at Grand Cayman.

I much prefer when a ship docks, rather than tenders. In Grand Cayman, it is a quick process, but still not easy to run back to the ship to drop off gear and such, to continue shopping or sight-seeing unencumbered.

They do a good job of tendering at Grand Cayman.

Exactly....and you'll be waiting in the sun on the pier as tenders load/unload...

The lines to tender over to the GC dock are long, but they do seem to move pretty fast. But, boy, when you are standing over on that hot concrete dock in a line that winds all the way around the dock, waiting to get back to A/C and a shower, the lines are BRUTAL!

Wow Host Mach, I love that picture!

Cool Pic from Mach!

Thanks so much, folks! Georgetown is fun to see as the ship approaches and, a lot like Nassau, the buildings are gorgeous... very colorful...

:)

Is there a reason that they don't build a dock, since it is so close?

The reef... they're justifiably proud of the reef that forms the north side of the island... amazing from underwater.

Within a few hundred yards of the shore is the Cayman wall... descends to a stunning 26,000 feet... You should see it from the Atlantis submarine... mind boggling...

Despite that they have contracted to have a pier built... just not right there at Georgetown... down the coast where the reef isn't a factor.

In my experience there will be a line for the last two hours before sailing time, so it depends on how eager you are to stand in it. They'll run the tenders until everyone is loaded.

Hi,

I have a question that may sound stupid. When you are going to the tender in Grand Cayman from a Carnival ship. Do you go down stais on the Carnival ship or is there a ramp you use to get on the tender? If it is stairs you use. Are the stairs open that if you are looking at them you can see through them. I have a fear of open stairs and am not sure about tendering in Grand Cayman.

Thanks,

Neworleanscruiser

The reef... they're justifiably proud of the reef that forms the north side of the island... amazing from underwater.

Within a few hundred yards of the shore is the Cayman wall... descends to a stunning 26,000 feet... You should see it from the Atlantis submarine... mind boggling...

Despite that they have contracted to have a pier built... just not right there at Georgetown... down the coast where the reef isn't a factor.

Mach, do you know when that pier is supposed to be completed?

Yes, I did the Atlantis submarine when I was in Cayman from Freedom of the Seas in 2008. It is truly stunning, as you said. Well worth it - highly suggested!

Archived