Golf Cart questions

bridetobe53108

I know there are quite a few posts about the golf carts and I have read through many of them, but I didn't see these things discussed:

Where exactly do you go while on them and what is there to see? My husband is thinking that it will be boring, not much to see, etc.

Also, he is concerned about where we would park these carts. Are there stops that we would go to where we would get off of the carts and if so would there be a secure place to leave the cart?

Thanks a lot!!

You can pretty much go anywhere you want... tour the island... it's like renting a car but smaller. You can pull over pretty much anywhere. As long as you take the key - it will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
do you need a full regular driver license to rent a golf cart?

I don't remember them asking to see a drivers license.

I would think you would need one because you are driving on the street with other cars etc.

I recently rented the golf carts. The island is small but it was quite interesting riding around seeing the island. You have the lighthouse, the little shops in the town and of course the beach areas. Margaritiville was extremely crowded, so it was nice to get away from it. We also found a neat beach near the lighthouse that we found a ton of the conch shells. We drove around for a couple of hours and then went back to the boat changed and went to the pool in Margaritiville. By the time we got back there it had started to clear out a little.

• 11 months later...
I recently rented the golf carts. The island is small but it was quite interesting riding around seeing the island. You have the lighthouse, the little shops in the town and of course the beach areas. Margaritiville was extremely crowded, so it was nice to get away from it. We also found a neat beach near the lighthouse that we found a ton of the conch shells. We drove around for a couple of hours and then went back to the boat changed and went to the pool in Margaritiville. By the time we got back there it had started to clear out a little.

What Island did u rent the golf carts?

• 4 weeks later...
I know there are quite a few posts about the golf carts and I have read through many of them, but I didn't see these things discussed:

Where exactly do you go while on them and what is there to see? My husband is thinking that it will be boring, not much to see, etc.

Also, he is concerned about where we would park these carts. Are there stops that we would go to where we would get off of the carts and if so would there be a secure place to leave the cart?

Thanks a lot!!

You can go from one end of the island to the other end, where the lighthouse is, in about 45 minutes. You can explore side roads, etc. At the lighthouse and at Governors beach we just parked the cart in the grass, took the key with us and when we came back it was right where we left it. I doubt anyone would take the golfcart, it being such a small island.

The cart allows you to see whatever you please at the pace you please also

I don't remember them asking to see a drivers license.

I would think you would need one because you are driving on the street with other cars etc.

We rented one a couple of years ago and had to show an I'd to rent one.

• 1 month later...
I think you only need one for id or a passaport to rent it. Here is the email to rent one and to find out nathanandlinda@tciway.tc

When we go to the beach in SC you don't need one to drive, just a picture id to rent with a credit card.

Not in Grand Turk. You do need a valid license and have to be at least 16 and in possession of one. We rented two carts a little over a year ago from Nathan and had six people with two carts. I asked specifically about my son and his friend driving (13) and was told emphatically "no" because you needed to have a license.

Archived