Which FP islands are best for the following activities?

mlbcruiser

Snorkeling - (list for beauty and for the best shark feeding tour).

Motu picnic combined w/snorkeling stops, etc.?

4X4 jeep/safari tour?

Diving excursions?

Which is the nicest beach for a cruise stop visit?

Catamaran cruising?

Thanks for any input!

I really can't answer your questions because I'm not scheduled to go until February 2005. However, I just wanted to make you aware of TOPdive. They have a dive package for 10 dives that you can buy and split with a dive buddy. The package, or any portion of it, can be used at any of the islands TOPdive operates out of. My dive buddy and I are going to do that and use the dives on Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora. It saves you a few bucks as well.

[url="http://www.topdive.com/toptravel/home.php"]http://www.topdive.com/toptravel/home.php[/url]

'89 Commodore/Caribe I
'92 NCL/Westward
'96 NCL/Seaward
'99 RCI/Rhapsody Of The Seas
'00 RCI/Legend Of The Seas
'01 Princess/Ocean Princess
'02 RCI/Vision Of The Seas
'03 Princess/Sea Princess
'03 Princess/Sea Princess

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 02/11/05

Wow, sounds like a good deal! I looked on their site, and the interisland offer they have goes to 2 islands that we will not, and 3 that we will. My husband is the diver and I will pass this on to him. (He's lazy and seems to leave it to me to clue him in on when & where HE'S diving!!!) I must tell you, however, that the dives he's done by signing up w/info. from a messageboard thread-recommended dive companies have not been as good as the ones he's booked through a ship! Usually it's the opposite w/shore excursions like that, but w/diving . . . I don't know. Maybe the ships hog up the best operators in some ports? Thanks for the info!

We had wonderful snorkeling trips on BoraBora-we went with Johnny but I hear he is no longer around-and Raiatea, and a very good snorkel/motu picnic through Albert tours no Moorea. Raiatea has a fantastic coral drop off with an incredible variety of fish-and eels. I am hoping we can find someone to take us back there when we return in January.

Laurie
Zenith 02/01
Century 01/02
Century 02/02
Tahitian Princess 01/03
Century 01/04
Tahitian Princess 01/05

Archived